1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a little surprise notice from ATF. My approval for my Kahr Arms TM1 to SBR. Took 3 months and 27 days - not too bad. [I was expecting 6 months.]

I'll get a pic or two up as soon as I get the barrel changed out - day or two maybe.....depending on how energetic I get. I definitely am motivated! :D

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Congrats Brassmagnet, looking forward to seeing the pictures.
I always wanted one of these but a friend had nothing but troubles getting his to function properly even after sending it back to the factory three times.
Have you fired yours with the longer barrel and had any issues? I only ask as I still want one but am hesitant.
Bet it will look sweet with the SBR conversion!!!! Let me know how difficult it is to remove the barrel.
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hope you ate your wheaties.. they torque the hell out of those barrels at the factory. mine took some "leverage"
No problem with the barrel - I had plenty of leverage with my home made barrel vice setup. The handle is 30" long behind an extremely hefty head, and the vice itself is bolted to my basement workbench - also quite hefty and secure.

First thing I did was shorten the stock by an inch. I lost the trapdoor for the cleaning rod, but it fits me a lot better now. ;)

I turned the grooves in the barrel [Green Mountain] and threaded it for the comp - I also made the comp at home here awhile back. I think there were some pics when I did it.

Put on a elevated rear sight to clone a 1928 model - because that's what Sgt. Saunders had on his gun. lol

Turned a new larger knurled charging knob 'cause it needed one! :rolleyes:

Everything is Duracoated now. Looks pretty good to me - I'm satisfied with it.

Capt. Max - I've not fired this one - it was NIB. Along with the mods I did, I also swapped out the bolt springs to lighten up the bolt pull - with the factory springs and charging knob it was a real beeaatch to charge the first round. :eek:

Here are some pics.

Vice 01.jpg finished TM1 01.jpg finished TM1 03.jpg rear sight mod 01.jpg bbl_comp 01.jpg charging knob 01.jpg

Now I have about 1200 45ACP rounds to load up here.............:(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice but it's way too pretty!

I had mine approved a few months ago as well. Also had USGI rebuild marks laser engraved into the upper and USGI wood all the way around.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nice weapons!......svt40...I like where you had yours engraved. You guys are making me want to send the gubmet a check for my 1928a1, just can't seem to send money to be able to get rid of that 4.25", but those pics are convincing.........

Matt

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Beautiful examples, yep I want one now.:D
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would update for those sitting on pending Form 1's. I just got two approvals today from ATF for SBR's. Both were E-filed in February and March respectively - got both back at the same time.....you can calculate the time frames if interested....

brass......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts