1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I apologize. It is an M2HB, but a fabricated one I put together a couple of years ago. It had been setting in one of the kids room for the last year or so, but he no longer could keep it there, so I brought it home to roost. Scratched my head for a month or so, and decided to put it out in the garage/shop. The place is so messy I figured no one would notice one more piece of machinery. :D Besides that it is still winter here so a lot of stuff usually kept outside is stored in the shop right now. Hard to walk sideways sometimes when working out there.:eek:

Anyhow - you can click on this first thumbnail to open it larger...............the other two pictures are pasted links from PB and at full resolution.

50bmg01.jpg

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Never mind Donald Trump's claims. This is a great example of "well hung." :eek:

Sorry, I am being bad today. I am glad to see you are letting it all hang out. (Darn, there I go again!) :eek:

Glad to see you getting it up there.... wait a minute... I better quit before I get myself into more trouble here. :(

Looks great, my friend! :D

118 Posts
It's a real shame this is the first thing the popped into my mind, but I would be scared to have something "hanging around" like that. The days of gun cabinets and gun racks seem to be over for me. Displaying unsecured guns just brings criminals. I've seen it.

Looks VERY nice, though. Great work.

BTW, when does ice age season end and tornado start up there?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
It's a real shame this is the first thing the popped into my mind, but I would be scared to have something "hanging around" like that. The days of gun cabinets and gun racks seem to be over for me. Displaying unsecured guns just brings criminals. I've seen it.

Looks VERY nice, though. Great work.

BTW, when does ice age season end and tornado start up there?
I think it's a display only piece, non functional. Might be useful to scare someone, but not lethal unless wielded as a club! That's what I am seeing, at least.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
There is 110 volts handy right next to it. Run a hot wire over, lean an aluminum ladder against the wall, go in the house and wait. :evil:

118 Posts
I think it's a display only piece, non functional. Might be useful to scare someone, but not lethal unless wielded as a club! That's what I am seeing, at least.
Sorta like a $6K Sarco kit? That's pretty non functional. I'm not concerned some criminal is going to burn up a liquor store with an M2HB. But people steal guns like crazy, and do very well at it.

But maybe you are right. Non functional. How about hanging it from a tree in your front yard? I know that's a little ridiculous ;)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
How about hanging it from a tree in your front yard? I know that's a little ridiculous ;)
I don't know about that. Maybe on an automated, rotating mount, 120-180 degrees of range. Might prove very intimidating indeed! :eek:

Sorry, Terry. I messed up your thread... :(

118 Posts
Ha ha! Put some security camera motion detection on it.

It's great! Put it on your mailbox for all I care. I'm definitely not one of "those" guys. I didn't mean to criticize, I just don't want to see somebody take your stuff. We can't really do stuff like this anymore, like we did when I was a kid. I don't care what the criminal does with it, he can use my gun to rob a nunnery and I won't give a crap. I just don't want people incentivesd to break into our houses or barns and take our stuff.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK First of all I gotta say Rollin you were in rare form yesterday! I loved the Trump associations! :rofl::rofl:

I guess I better explain tho. It is a fabrication made of plastic and wood only, with a few sheet metal parts for sight hoods, sight ears, and cocking handle [leave that alone Lucky#13]

But - I am slightly concerned of outsiders seeing it and possibly thinking it is worth something and attempting to break into the shop and steal it. Maybe I better hand a sign on it labeling it as a replica.......or paint it orange???

Darn shame the world is what it is.........

For comparison's sake, here is a pic of the M3HB I built on a Gryphos kit years ago, sitting on my home made tripod at the time. All you would be criminals relax - I no longer have it - nothing to steal here. :tongue:

M3HBHMTpod.jpg

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Never mind Donald Trump's claims. This is a great example of "well hung." :eek:

Sorry, I am being bad today. I am glad to see you are letting it all hang out. (Darn, there I go again!) :eek:

Glad to see you getting it up there.... wait a minute... I better quit before I get myself into more trouble here. :(

Looks great, my friend! :D

Lucky#13 what's gotten into you? Have you been drinking again?:rofl:

CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Lucky#13 what's gotten into you? Have you been drinking again?:rofl:

CaptMax
BUUUUURRRRRRPPPP! Excuse me. Did you say something, CaptMax? I think I was passed out.

Anyone got an aspirin?

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
BUUUUURRRRRRPPPP! Excuse me. Did you say something, CaptMax? I think I was passed out.

Anyone got an aspirin?

Here we go again.....should I call you a taxi?:rofl:
CaptMax

·
BeltFed GURU
4,394 Posts
wheel barrow would be more fun :rofl::rofl::rofl: wonder how many times you could dump him out passed out before he sobered up :eek::eek: :tongue:

118 Posts
OK First of all I gotta say Rollin you were in rare form yesterday! I loved the Trump associations! :rofl::rofl:

I guess I better explain tho. It is a fabrication made of plastic and wood only, with a few sheet metal parts for sight hoods, sight ears, and cocking handle [leave that alone Lucky#13]

But - I am slightly concerned of outsiders seeing it and possibly thinking it is worth something and attempting to break into the shop and steal it. Maybe I better hand a sign on it labeling it as a replica.......or paint it orange???

Darn shame the world is what it is.........

For comparison's sake, here is a pic of the M3HB I built on a Gryphos kit years ago, sitting on my home made tripod at the time. All you would be criminals relax - I no longer have it - nothing to steal here. :tongue:

View attachment 16167
That replica looks amazing from here. Wish I had one. Nice job. Almost wanted to ask how much you would charge to build them, but I know it is too much :)

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That replica looks amazing from here. Wish I had one. Nice job. Almost wanted to ask how much you would charge to build them, but I know it is too much :)
Well I thank you for your compliment. To be honest, I've seen some other replicas from members here that make mine look silly. They really did a great job on theirs.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wheel barrow would be more fun :rofl::rofl::rofl: wonder how many times you could dump him out passed out before he sobered up :eek::eek: :tongue:
My-my..............Lucky#13 seems to have acquired a rather esteemed reputation since he started hanging out with Russ.........:eek:..........:rofl:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
My-my..............Lucky#13 seems to have acquired a rather esteemed reputation since he started hanging out with Russ.........:eek:..........:rofl:
It's not my fault. I can't keep up the pace on the Ying Ling, so I have to resort to that bottle of Pendleton 1910! Thanks to theduke for introducing me to that stuff. http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?54029-Russ-amp-Rollin

The good news is that both Russ and I have a van to drive when we are traveling to either KCR or SAR. When I dropped in at BFF's place back in 2014, he was kind enough to offer that suggestion and now the wheel barrow is easy to keep with us... :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts