1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frianchi Spas 15- is this still banned from import? And why is that?
A friend in russia picked one up and keeps sending me photos. What’s the issue?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
According to Wikipedia:

"In 1994, the United States banned the importation of the SPAS-15 with close to 180 shotguns imported, but later abolished the relevant regulations. In Canada, the SPAS-15 is classified as a Prohibited Weapon and cannot be legally owned or imported except under very limited circumstances.[3] In Italy the SPAS-15 is a common weapon for law enforcers and civilians."

I think they were the pioneer of AR-15 in 12ga, something that is pretty commonplace now.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If I remember correctly the SPAS-12, LAW-12 and SPAS-15 were ruled "non-sporting" and blocked from import.
The SPAS-12 & LAW-12 were also named in the Roberti-Roos "assault weapon" ban.
I believe that none of these guns are in production anymore, and that perhaps the manufacturer is no longer in business?
It rare to see any importer do all that paperwork to bring in just a few used guns.

Richard

·
11,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they look neat and fairly inexpensive in other countries. Didn’t know if it was and option, or an option if you didn’t get a larger mag with it

·
Registered
475 Posts
they look neat and fairly inexpensive in other countries. Didn’t know if it was and option, or an option if you didn’t get a larger mag with it
The 12 was always one of my favorite guns, the folding stock over the top was damn cool looking. A 15 can be yours for the low low price of around $7,000

·
Registered
81 Posts
The whole 'Sporting Purposes' test for imports is a load of Bovine Scat. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but 'Sporting Purposes' never has had anything to do with our right to keep and bear arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts