1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my very good buddies on the board felt bad that I had to sell some of my stuff over Memorial Day so he found me a scope to buy for my old M14 rifle.

I really appreciated the thought, my wife less so and I haven't seen her or the rifle for a day now, kids say she went hunting upstate what ever that means..... she also took along my buddies picture, strange....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
We sure are going to miss him.

But he shouldn’t feel bad. I’ve spent over $12k in others’ money in the past month or so.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
I did warn you that I was an EXPENSIVE friend to have lol but I am glad you got it and are happy. It will look great on your M14 and if Frankie can cut back on his pipe tobacco it should be paid for in the next 15 years.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, very pleased with it and it will look great on the rifle (if she ever comes back with it). Now all I need is a 1915/1918 Colt Vickers check lever assembly! The one that is riveted to the right side plate.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
ha ha ha I just read the last line in your first post what do you mean she is headed here? I already have one pissed off wife I don't need another one especially one that knows how to use a gun!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,273 Posts
OWWWW a freelance hit woman on the trail of the BA Mafia Don Not good !!Better pull out the Vest and start wearing it !! Ever woman i ever showed how to shoot became Very good at it ........You are probably safe at 800 yard because she did not take the offending scope But ...........

·
Registered
383 Posts
One of my very good buddies on the board felt bad that I had to sell some of my stuff over Memorial Day so he found me a scope to buy for my old M14 rifle.

View attachment 98943

I really appreciated the thought, my wife less so and I haven't seen her or the rifle for a day now, kids say she went hunting upstate what ever that means..... she also took along my buddies picture, strange....
If it will make your wife happier you can send the scope to me as it would look good on my rifle as well!

Steve

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,042 Posts
Keep your head low, toolman. I've met redroth's wife, so I can tell you to not take this lightly. Maybe if he lets Frankie out of the salt mines, he can track her down and talk her out of doing the deed. The salt mines have pretty well run dry these days anyway, so Frankie should have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That is a beauty. If she does not bring the rifle back, I can give it a good home🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Keep your head low, toolman. I've met redroth's wife, so I can tell you to not take this lightly. Maybe if he lets Frankie out of the salt mines, he can track her down and talk her out of doing the deed. The salt mines have pretty well run dry these days anyway, so Frankie should have nothing better to do.
I have met her too that is what scares me lol it is never good to poke mama bear

·
BeltFed GURU
4,273 Posts
Boss ,maybe just maybe you can buy your life with one of your "Special" recipes !! You know the kind ones that lift by the mere scent at a great distance .........She can`t just shoot you while you are cooking !! I Hope !!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So.... I took Lucky#13's advise and sent Frankie out to upstate NY to find her and tell her if she just comes back, I would buy her a nice Gucci handbag and some new shoes. Since Frankie works in the salt mine he has great night vision and found her in a Ghillie suit about 300 meters from ToolmanM203's palatial estate, she was lying low and had a bead on the new van parked outside just waiting for him to come out.

Well as luck would have, he was able to carefully approach her and calm the she devil down and swore on his mothers grave that she would get the Gucci bag and shoes from me when she got home. Well in a flash she had handed the rifle and Ghillie suit to Frankie, and put on an N95 mask, put on a sexy black T-shirt with the phrase, "Black Lives Matter" which she had recently received as a gift from L999here, and hopped an Uber to the airport.

So I know what your going to say, wow that Gucci bag and stiletto heeled shoes must have set you back a ton of money, well you know those riots in Beverly Hills last night and the looting of Rodeo Drive stores....

So this morning as she was still on the red-eye I drove down to Inglewood and right across the street from the Forum were these very nice gentlemen hawking genuine Gucci hand bags and beautiful pairs of shiny red stiletto heels for $100 each still with store tags and only a hint of smoke.

She is going to be thrilled! Thank you gentlemen for all your kind suggestions and offers to take the scope to help a fellow forum member stay out of trouble, really you guys are the best!

·
Registered
383 Posts
She is going to be thrilled! Thank you gentlemen for all your kind suggestions and offers to take the scope to help a fellow forum member stay out of trouble, really you guys are the best!
I know with friends like us who needs enemies right?

Steve

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Final update, wife is back, has her swag and is off to the local supermarket in her best evening dress, shiny red stiletto heels, and new Gucci bag.

I even went back to Inglewood to thank the guys who sold me the stuff. The shoe guy was gone but the other gentlemen with the bags still had a few more.

(picture courtesy of fake news) - you gots to have a sense of humor :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts