1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to building a 1919A4. Something I've wanted for a long long time. Finally able to make it happen. I've built weapons, this is my first beltfed.

I have noticed that Sarco is selling the front right cartridge stop. It looks to me like my Israeli 308 kit uses this stop to mount the front cartridge feed ramp to. I'm sure my stop went by by with the original RSP.

Is it worth buying this stop, or is there a better way to do it? I do not intend on changing the caliber, but, you never know:p

Any advice on fitting the front stop and fitting the back one is appreciated.

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
You don't need it for 308 or 8mm at all. The 308/8mm front stop will stay in place without the '06 front stop. You only need it for 30-06.

Check out the converting tutorial on the home page for pics and details.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
I'm sure Lobo would agree though, that you CAN install one after you've built, but it sure is a ***** & 1/2. As noted above, the .06 stop comes in the BB rivet set. I'd recommend installing one during your build. Better to have then have not and the .308 FCS has the hole in it for a reason.
My , but Lobo is the man! Never going to run .06? Don't need it. But like you said, "you never know." Your call. Take build pics and post em! :)

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
If you ever might shoot '06 then install it now for sure. As said, it sure ain't easy later plus it messes up your parkerizing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just did one last night for a buddy who forgot to put it in. I took a punch and made some .200" diameter disks out of some shim stock, then dropped a few into the front cartridge stop. From there, I put the stop rivet into it, then installed it in the gun. I used a hydraulic press- the bottom was supported by the cartridge stop. Riveted just fine- took 5 minutes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I thought this deserved a bump, since Chris's method looks like a good way to install the front right cartridge stop for a 30-06 conversion. :)

I'll be doing that soon, and a method to do so on an assembled gun was elluding me.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
It waited a long time for the bump, lol. But it is a topic that comes up a lot.

I am thinking I should make an extra tool of the sort I use, and make it available for the cost of shipping it around.

Anyone here interested in this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts