1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS- GIANT Alice compatable ruck- the MALICE pack. PRICE REDUCED

Gents, I have a *brand new, with tags*, Tactical Tailor brand 'Malice Pack'. This thing is mammoth and mounts to an old school LC1 Alice frame. (NOT INCLUDED.) In over 20 years of military service, Ive never seen a bag this big that can hold so much. It even has a separate compartment on the bottom for your sleeping bag. Guys, I know Im talking this bag up, but it is simply amazing. I cant use it anymore given the current uniform regulations.

Retail price from the manufacturer is 300 bucks. http://www.tacticaltailor.com/malicepack.aspx
Check out the link for specifics.

Im asking 150 bucks shipped, CONUS. If I dont sell it here its going on ebay for 50 bucks more. I like to offer deals here when I can.
Paypal preferred, money orders accepted from members with over 50 posts.

EDIT- I just sold one of these (I have a few) on Ebay for 175. Forum member price 150.

As always, wife in picture is not included.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Uh, never mind. Didn't see 'wife' until the reply box had already loaded. Nuts.:tongue:
There's a pack in that picture??

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, never mind. Didn't see 'wife' until the reply box had already loaded. Nuts.:tongue:
There's a pack in that picture??
Just trying to make the world a happier place. :D:D

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Just trying to make the world a happier place. :D:D
With a picture like that is already is better Scott, Thank--you for posting that. :rofl:
BTT, CaptMax

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to vouch for the quality of Tactical Tailor gear, I have the same ruck, coyote tan though, and it's now 10 years old, one deployment attached to the outside of a Humvee (OIF II), and numerous other field problems strapped to a Bradley, etc. If i washed the dirt out, it would look like new. No stitches come out.

Highly recommend the Tactical Tailor frame for it (welded, not riveted) aluminum frame, much better than USGI thing.

Can't get a better ruck than that.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kahnmann, I assume you were/are out of Ft Lewis? I spent my active duty days there with the 2nd CAV.

Thanks for the bump. I came across this ruck on a hell of a deal, and I cant use it because of the new 670-1 Reg states all packs must be black or same pattern as uniform being worn. Im kinda bummed, as the current issue ruck Im carrying can BARELY hold a weeks worth of gear.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Kahnmann, I assume you were/are out of Ft Lewis? I spent my active duty days there with the 2nd CAV.

Thanks for the bump. I came across this ruck on a hell of a deal, and I cant use it because of the new 670-1 Reg states all packs must be black or same pattern as uniform being worn. Im kinda bummed, as the current issue ruck Im carrying can BARELY hold a weeks worth of gear.
Black fabric paint. Available at you friendly neighborhood crafts store. Sounds tactical enough to me. We were mildly bitched by the First Shirt for having beer in the field at Camp Roberts during AT because the cans were "Not very tactical" (in a snide voice with a crooked smile). After hours was spent by MANY taking turns using the paint sprayer and compressor! LMAO!!!

That was my first drill fresh out of boot. I was sooo surprised by the way things were done.
The middle weekend, we were lounging in the barracks trying to keep cool. I was lying on my bunk perusing an adult magazine. ( I turned 18 on the jet home from AIT.) :eek:
The guy across the aisle from me was separating seeds in a frisbee and rolling a stack.
First Sergeant walks in, I stuffed the mag under the pillow and jumped to attention.
F.S. hollers; "Attitude Check!". Every guy in the whole room hollers back; "**** IT!!!"
The guy with the frisbee proffers a doobie to the F.S.
He politely declined.
I nearly shat myself.:eek::eek:
I had NO CLUE. :rofl::rofl:
T

·
Registered
34 Posts

WA Guard. 161 Infantry. Mobilized out of Lewis in 04, fell in love with Tactical Tailor then. My unit wasn't so concerned with 670-1, as much as troop effectiveness and what works.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Black fabric paint. Available at you friendly neighborhood crafts store. Sounds tactical enough to me. We were mildly bitched by the First Shirt for having beer in the field at Camp Roberts during AT because the cans were "Not very tactical" (in a snide voice with a crooked smile). After hours was spent by MANY taking turns using the paint sprayer and compressor! LMAO!!!

That was my first drill fresh out of boot. I was sooo surprised by the way things were done.
The middle weekend, we were lounging in the barracks trying to keep cool. I was lying on my bunk perusing an adult magazine. ( I turned 18 on the jet home from AIT.) :eek:
The guy across the aisle from me was separating seeds in a frisbee and rolling a stack.
First Sergeant walks in, I stuffed the mag under the pillow and jumped to attention.
F.S. hollers; "Attitude Check!". Every guy in the whole room hollers back; "**** IT!!!"
The guy with the frisbee proffers a doobie to the F.S.
He politely declined.
I nearly shat myself.:eek::eek:
I had NO CLUE. :rofl::rofl:
T
These stories amaze me. My father used to tell me of the rampant drug use among his Soldiers in Vietnam. Let me tell you how much things have changed.....we have become a softer Army, thats for sure, but there is ZERO tolerance for drugs. I piss test my guys every 1-2 months, and have just separated a guy for recreational use of painkillers. The stories of how the National Guard used to be....beer in the field, parties in the barracks....that **** is LONG gone. Dont even think about bringing so much as a flask out to the field or it will be a career ender if you get caught.

Anyways, somebody buy my bag.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Just to completely hijack this thread. . .back around '72 the Corps started piss tests to try and cut down on recreational drug use. The first four or five times we mustered the squadron and ran about 20 guys at a time into the head to fill bottles with zero supervision. About three minutes into the first go-around one of the guys hollers across the room, "Hey Shorty (I'm 6'4"), you're a Mormon, right? Can you fill this *$+&in thing for me?" "Sure", sez I, " for a price."

Fortunately the XO announced the tests a couple of hours ahead of time so I could tanker up. Made serious money until the SOP changed.

Now, for those who have yet to notice that part of the pix, the man is trying to sell a ruck. Help a brother out. ;-)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, I just sold a bag on ebay for 175 ( I have a few to sell) so Im offering board members here for 150 bucks shipped CONUS. Buy this damn thing already. 150 bucks for this bag is criminally cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts