1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I love the fact that you are just ripping full auto in your own garage like 'meh, no biggie'. What are the caliber limits of that clearing barrel thing?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Asked about his trap on another thread - Savage Range Systems. I believe it's the GT Tabletop Gunsmith - limited to 4100 ft lbs muzzle energy (= anything below about .300 RUM). I want one but have been putting off until the new calendar year. $2305 but probably pushing $3k by the time you add tax/shipping.

Y'all know I have a birthday coming up soon?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the fact that you are just ripping full auto in your own garage like 'meh, no biggie'. What are the caliber limits of that clearing barrel thing?
300win mag is about the most you want to shoot in it. It's a life saver for working on stuff especially caliber changes and machine guns where you need to figure out buffer weights and recoil spring rates. It's also nice here in the NW where it rains every day.

Greg

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Asked about his trap on another thread - Savage Range Systems. I believe it's the GT Tabletop Gunsmith - limited to 4100 ft lbs muzzle energy (= anything below about .300 RUM). I want one but have been putting off until the new calendar year. $2305 but probably pushing $3k by the time you add tax/shipping.

Y'all know I have a birthday coming up soon?

You are right on the money (y)

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
The one thing I hate the most about gun-plumbing is test firing. I live in a suburban neighborhood. Every time I build a gun, Ive got to get packed up and head to my range. Its only a 20 minute drive, but it SUCKS when something doesnt work and you gotta pack it all up and go home after firing (or attempting) 1 round. There have been many nights where Ive been tempted to just shoot into a pillow backed up by several phone books, but....well....something always tells me that may not be the brightest idea.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Nice job Greg (y) Those cabinets are a huge time saver for guys like us and I was just looking at one a couple of months ago in a buddy's facility that is for testing 50's and the box itsefl is fully suppressed!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice job Greg (y) Those cabinets are a huge time saver for guys like us and I was just looking at one a couple of months ago in a buddy's facility that is for testing 50's and the box itsefl is fully suppressed!
Your buddies is super quiet? Which one does he have?

Can you guys tell me how loud the GT Tabletop Gunsmith is?

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
It is VERY quiet and I wish I had one like it. He designed it himself and it is a work of art and am hoping he shares the design with me so I can make one for my shop. I have seen various units over the years but we should probably move this to a new thread so as we don't muddy up Greg's thread for his build.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It is VERY quiet and I wish I had one like it. He designed it himself and it is a work of art and am hoping he shares the design with me so I can make one for my shop. I have seen various units over the years but we should probably move this to a new thread so as we don't muddy up Greg's thread for his build.
I have a 50yd range behind my workshop. I still want to build a bullet bunker style trap for test firing and such. I have about a 20ft dead end hallway attached to the shop that will someday be my indoor test fire range. Just need a bunch of thick AR500 and used conveyor belts.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I would have liked to get one of the larger units but I am really limited on space here. This one has paid for itself in 3years for what I've saved in time and fuel. I'l probably get a bigger one when I get the shop built in AZ and move the Business there.

Greg

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your buddies is super quiet? Which one does he have?

Can you guys tell me how loud the GT Tabletop Gunsmith is?
My GT table top is quit enough that I don't need ear protection but my wife can hear the noise in the house 25' away.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
My GT table top is quit enough that I don't need ear protection but my wife can hear the noise in the house 25' away.
Have you ever met a woman that didn't say we were too loud when we are doing projects?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you ever met a woman that didn't say we were too loud when we are doing projects?
HaHa no ****. She didn't complain, I asked to see what the neighbor might be hearing. She said it wasn't loud but she could hear me :whistle: Now when I used to shoot the cannon off and it shook the windows and knock her little pretty things off and broke them on the floor.🤬🤬

1 - 18 of 18 Posts