1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had trouble with a 5 ton army truck today, would not run at full speed. In checking out the fuel system we found a bunch of AK parts in the tank! CID came and took all the parts:mad: had to fill out reports etc.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Seriously???

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
M119 5 ton. Not to change the subject but Is that the one they were having trouble with a few years ago. We had two people from my BN killed in a two year period while driving those I believe. Seems like if you stopped quick it killed the engine and that left you without brakes or power steering. Or maybe it was caused by something in the fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
The spare tire was also a place used for hiding AK parts (2 1/2 ton on up). it was disassembled, and weapons ect were placed inside and reassembled, and filled with air to get items past customs.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
weaponeer said:
The spare tire was also a place used for hiding AK parts (2 1/2 ton on up). it was disassembled, and weapons ect were placed inside and reassembled, and filled with air to get items past customs.
Isn't that what they were doing with drugs on the Delorian Sports cars a few years ago? Hotch

·
Registered
944 Posts
weaponeer said:
That's also a handy way to smuggle deer meat, or so I'm told. :D

(When going from state "A", that does not require a tag to carry the meat, through state "B", that does)

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
Gee...

All we used to do was hide booze in the sono-buoy tubes, under the floor decking...

MSG

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The AK parts where Bolts, Carriers, Springs, Gas tubes, forearms-plastic and wood. The tanks are big enough for the whole weapon I do not know why they just put in parts. The air filter is another place, one was found there a short time ago. It keeps us on our toes!

·
Registered
116 Posts
we use to store cases of beer in the ammo tray of our Cobras. Flyin around at a couple 1000 feet would chill them nicely.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts