1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended very small local gun show today with my granddaughter. It's only fifty or so tables and many of them rented by friends or aquantences, but not all. She is being very good, sticking close, not trying to pick up things, and greeting people when introced. Just being a polite little girl, age six.

Then I'm stopped by an older couple that I don't recognize. They tell me how hard it is for the kids to be good while attending shows not at all geared to their interests. They then ask me "would it be OK if we give your little girl a stuffed animal? We bring a large bag and enjoy sharing them." I'm not sure who had the bigger smile, her or the couple. By chance they gave her a dolphin which currently her absolute favorite animal.

So next time we start to be cinical about shows and dealers, remember there are still nice people. Made a point of walking past their table when we left so she could thank them again. I bought nothing, but came away smiling and with a good lesson about people.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
good business

I like to hear nice stories like this,it seems that they are getting further apart now days, I haven't been to a good gun show in years but it seems like finding this attitude a gun show is even more precious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts