1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
News of this came out yesterday, the YouTube bloggers have their panties all in a twist about it. Of course stirring up the masses is how they generate business for themselves so I am waiting for further information before canceling my UPS account.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
It's being spun up on all the gunboards. I seriously doubt it. At any given moment, UPS likely has hundreds of thousands of dollars in shipping fees for guns in transit. At best this is UPS refusing to ship questionable items from a questionable seller. And UPS can't seize anyone's property.

Not high on the list of things I'll lay awake worrying about.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
It's being spun up on all the gunboards. I seriously doubt it. At any given moment, UPS likely has hundreds of thousands of dollars in shipping fees for guns in transit. At best this is UPS refusing to ship questionable items from a questionable seller. And UPS can't seize anyone's property.

Funny how news spreads now a days and folks get emotional and overreact without even knowing the facts. The fringe can literally read one headline from some unchecked source and treat it as gospel. I saw post after post this morning how everyone was canceling UPS accounts and such. I’ll continue to use UPS unless they get on board with the new BA parts ban.
Automotive tire Font Gas Fixture Bumper

·
Registered
791 Posts

Gunboards - and it’s mods - are basically cancer. The only reason to go there is for a forum that doesn’t exist anywhere else. Japanese forum for example.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Funny how news spreads now a days and folks get emotional and overreact without even knowing the facts. The fringe can literally read one headline from some unchecked source and treat it as gospel. I saw post after post this morning how everyone was canceling UPS accounts and such. I’ll continue to use UPS unless they get on board with the new BA parts ban.
View attachment 118268
Let's all go to Rory's house I know he will be having a huge party because of this.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Evidently some of this started back in May, this YouTuber posted a video on the subject 2 May 22.

He also points out that when he went to a different UPS store he had no problem shipping his item. Generally you will have an easier time shipping at a UPS Center than a UPS Store, they operate under slightly different rules since the UPS stores grew out of UPS' acquisition of Mailbox Etc. For example a center will accept firearm shipments where a UPS Store is not allowed to do so. The UPS Center counter reps also seem to be better informed when it comes to what is allowed and what isn't.

As several have mentioned above, all these stories so far have either been on forums or video blogger channels, nothing on a mainstream news source. I have also checked Brownell's website, this may change as soon as I post this but they still show UPS as a shipping option and there is notice of any changes in shipping on their website.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I had problems YEARS ago at a UPS store shipping an AR15 BBL. Just the BBL. I got in a heated debate with the owner and was told to take my business elsewhere. Months later my wife went to the same store and when they saw her shipping address (my address) they gave her a rash of $hit and interrogated her as to what she was shipping. Literally asked her 'are you shipping gun parts for your husband??'

Since then, when I go to UPS to ship anything and I have to describe what Im shipping, its always 'car parts'. As long as I know what Im shipping is legal and not controlled, all I ever tell them anymore is car parts.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
"UPS stores" are privately owned and can make up anything they want for policies. Best way to deal with that if you have to use one of those is set up your own UPS acct and just drop pre-labeled pkg off there. But if that store owner knows you, you're screwed.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Ok, this is the origin of all these shipping company letters to shippers.

"Five Democratic U.S. senators have asked 22 trucking and logistics companies and the country’s six Class 1 railroads to divulge firearms shipment data out of concern that security loopholes are contributing to rising gun violence.

In a letter sent on Thursday to the freight and parcel carriers — including J.B. Hunt, U.S. Xpress, Landstar System and UPS — the lawmakers, led by Ed Markey, D-Mass., said that gun sales and shipments have skyrocketed since the beginning of the pandemic as a result of exemptions provided to firearm manufacturers and dealers, also known as Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs)."

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
although not exactly the same, i started buying antiques guns back in 1999, stil doing so now
we run into many problems shipping these out, ( export) from the usa to europe
in the beginning we started using USPS surface mail int. ( by boat) later USPS stopped with this service and we could only use air .
Whenever i was in the usa myself, i also packed stuff and went over to differant postoffices with my buddy, we often had the problem that boxes we wanted to ship were refused because the customs form mentioned "antique rifle" ore similiar writing such as "antique winchester" etc. etc
the problem was simply because the people who were working at the postoffice just had no idee, that it was ok to send out pre 1898 weapons,
so it was just the lack of knowledge that made us leaving that postoffice and go to another one
often that worked out ok, because some indeed did know it was ok to accept such a package
these days we always refer to the ITAR regulations, and we write this on the outside of the boxes
ATF has good guidelines for this, so whenever we run across a USPS worker who does not understand, we ask him to check out their page...

Firearms - Guides - Importation & Verification of Firearms - National Firearms Act Definitions - Antique Firearm | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (atf.gov)

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Basic knowledge of ATF regs,USPS federal laws on HIS and your local PO make all the difference. My local PO station folks know me,my business and have been schooled on their own regs...by ME. After over 25-yrs of working with these folks,they seldom question me on package content. Common sense applies here.
As mentioned,the UPS,FedEx stations are all franchise owned type business's and frequently make their own rules,many of their owners are anti-gun,so guess why the difference between stations....?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
One of my customers just got an email from UPS stating the item he shipped to my store will not be delivered and the shipment was voided.
Appears the letter sent by the senators is having it's desired effect.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
So this package was in transit to you and voided by UPS? For what reason? Did Mr. Smith use a UPS store or regular UPS account?
This is the reason, rather than putting up with additional hassles the companies are taking the easy way out and ceasing to ship firearms or components.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
This is the reason, rather than putting up with additional hassles the companies are taking the easy way out and ceasing to ship firearms or components.

I called my buddy this morning that owns a large gun store locally. He said he currently has over 40 shipments in transit to his shop from all over for FFL transfer. He said the 4th of July sales usually bring a bump in transfers. He said he has received no messages or notifications about any shipments, UPS or FedEx. @Apexgunparts you ship a billion packages with UPS. What’s really going on as I’m sure you are up to speed on the currents situation?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Also why would UPS still have the tutorial up for how to ship firearms and no statement regarding what’s supposedly going on???? I’m sorry but I’m not buying it, Brownells also removed the Facebook post…
Font Screenshot Number Logo Parallel

1 - 20 of 46 Posts