1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Also why would UPS still have the tutorial up for how to ship firearms and no statement regarding what’s supposedly going on???? I’m sorry but I’m not buying it, Brownells also removed the Facebook post…
View attachment 118299
Their new policy only went into effect 1 Jul, probably have not caught up with making changes. Items being returned to the shipper are being reported widely.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
What is the new policy?
Currently they are not shipping firearms or components when delivered that can be assembled into a firearm. I have a feeling all this will be sorted out in time.

I own a mail order business and so far I have not received any official notification from UPS or FedEx, being a holiday weekend this can be expected.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
So I can’t ship a 1919A4 parts kit anymore?
You can give it a try, right now it seems hit or miss but with the threat of having the package destroyed by UPS I don't believe it would be worth risk.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You can give it a try, right now it seems hit or miss but with the threat of having the package destroyed by UPS I don't believe it would be worth risk.
Ehhh I don’t believe any of this is legit information circulating . I think UPS decided they didn’t want to do business with a company called ghost guns and that’s the end of it. As far as destroying packages, that’s just silly… I wish everyone would stop circulating this garbage.

People have businesses to run and all this does is take time away from an already busy day to deal with something that’s not even relevant.
Palmetto State Armory will sell thousands of serial numbered lowers during the 4th sale and I bet they all get delivered.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Ehhh I don’t believe any of this is legit information circulating . I think UPS decided they didn’t want to do business with a company called ghost guns and that’s the end of it. As far as destroying packages, that’s just silly… I wish everyone would stop circulating this garbage.

People have businesses to run and all this does is take time away from an already busy day to deal with something that’s not even relevant.
Palmetto State Armory will sell thousands of serial numbered lowers during the 4th sale and I bet they all get delivered.
If Brownell's had not had their UPS account terminated also I might be in agreement with you.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It was supposedly on a Facebook post from Brownells. There is no record of any such post.
Next week will bring more news of this. UPS is our last choice when it comes to shipping so if we lose them completely it will not be a loss. Currently we only use UPS when a customer requests that service, FedEx is our default shipper.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Next week will bring more news of this. UPS is our last choice when it comes to shipping so if we lose them completely it will not be a loss. Currently we only use UPS when a customer requests that service, FedEx is our default shipper.
Lee Williams has certainly made a name for himself. He knows what he did and why he did it, it all depends on how folks decide what “news” is nowadays.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Lee Williams has certainly made a name for himself. He knows what he did and why he did it, it all depends on how folks decide what “news” is nowadays.
Since I primarily deal in antiques I rarely pay attention to any of the gun writers or video bloggers, most is just noise as far as I am concerned but since this dealt with shipping sources I started looking into it. I am still in the wait and see mode.

Reactions: OLDIRONSIGHT

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I would have shipped it to ADCO LLC and left firearms off the address name…. UPS does tell you not to put notes that a firearm may be in the box…
My shipping instructions say to NOT put firearms on the label or the box.

I have a direct account with UPS, and I haven't received anything yet about any new policy. Ghost guns huh? Anything from a complete trigger group to a setscrew could be a part to assemble a ghost gun.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
This morning I was able to confirm directly with Brownell's that UPS notified them that UPS would not longer accept shipments from Brownell's.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yesterday the option to have UPS ship your Brownells order was published on their web site.
Today that language is gone.
The APEX account rep for UPS is on vacation, so no idea what is going on with UPS.
APEX doesn't sell receivers, nor have we ever sold "80%" anything, so that may have an effect.
I guess we will find out next week.

Richard

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
So, this may have something to do with all that we are seeing:

New York AG Sues 10 National Firearm Distributors for Allegedly Selling ‘Ghost Gun’ Components

I would expect that part of the details of this case include the companies that shipped the packages for the named sellers.
In the text of the statement they mention knowing the size and weight of every package sent to New York by the 10 named firms.
Every package of a named size and weight is assumed to be 80% kit.
To obtain that info the shipping companies had to have received a subpoena for the data.

Does anyone have an link to the actual case filed by the New York State AG?

Richard

21 - 40 of 46 Posts