1919 A4 Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Let us not forget that lately UPS has been a great supplier of employee-stolen guns. UPS and ATF haven’t cared until now, but I’ll bet govt is now interested in the volume of UPS stolen guns.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I think this piece of the puzzle explains the exterior motivation to UPS dropping a selection of E-Commerce vendors...

New York AG Sues 10 National Firearm Distributors for Allegedly Selling ‘Ghost Gun’ Components

The press release from the NY State AG. has more details... some info I suspect was already subpoenaed from the shipping companies (packages of a certain size and weight sent to NY zip codes by the named e-commerce companies)

Attorney General James Sues National Gun Distributors for Fueling Gun Violence Crisis and Endangering New Yorkers

The businesses named in Attorney General James’ lawsuit are among the nation’s leading gun distributors.
They include Brownells, Inc. (Brownells), Blackhawk Manufacturing Group (80 Percent Arms), Salvo Technologies, Inc. (80 P Builder or 80P Freedom Co), G.S. Performance, LLC (Glockstore), Indie Guns, LLC (Indie Guns), Primary Arms, LLC (Primary Arms), Arm or Ally, LLC (Arm or Ally), Rainier Arms, LLC (Rainier Arms), KM Tactical LLC, and Rock Slide USA, LLC (Rock Slide).

An investigation by the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) linked tens of thousands of shipments to New York addresses to these businesses dating back to 2017. Undercover OAG and New York City investigators were recently able to purchase unfinished frames online from three distributors, who shipped them into New York without serial numbers or a background check. Based on the weight and size of the packages sent to the undercover investigators, OAG has reason to believe tens of thousands of shipments sent by these businesses contain unfinished frames and receivers. Local, state, and federal laws prohibit the sale of unfinished frames and receivers

I hope someone find the details of the lawsuit published on-line.
I am thinking that the shipping companies are named and included as defendants.
New York city has a suit going too.
The state passed laws against "ghost guns" last year, so I am not sure why they went into records going back to 2017?

Richard

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I think this piece of the puzzle explains the exterior motivation to UPS dropping a selection of E-Commerce vendors...

New York AG Sues 10 National Firearm Distributors for Allegedly Selling ‘Ghost Gun’ Components

The press release from the NY State AG. has more details... some info I suspect was already subpoenaed from the shipping companies (packages of a certain size and weight sent to NY zip codes by the named e-commerce companies)

Attorney General James Sues National Gun Distributors for Fueling Gun Violence Crisis and Endangering New Yorkers

The businesses named in Attorney General James’ lawsuit are among the nation’s leading gun distributors.
They include Brownells, Inc. (Brownells), Blackhawk Manufacturing Group (80 Percent Arms), Salvo Technologies, Inc. (80 P Builder or 80P Freedom Co), G.S. Performance, LLC (Glockstore), Indie Guns, LLC (Indie Guns), Primary Arms, LLC (Primary Arms), Arm or Ally, LLC (Arm or Ally), Rainier Arms, LLC (Rainier Arms), KM Tactical LLC, and Rock Slide USA, LLC (Rock Slide).

An investigation by the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) linked tens of thousands of shipments to New York addresses to these businesses dating back to 2017. Undercover OAG and New York City investigators were recently able to purchase unfinished frames online from three distributors, who shipped them into New York without serial numbers or a background check. Based on the weight and size of the packages sent to the undercover investigators, OAG has reason to believe tens of thousands of shipments sent by these businesses contain unfinished frames and receivers. Local, state, and federal laws prohibit the sale of unfinished frames and receivers

I hope someone find the details of the lawsuit published on-line.
I am thinking that the shipping companies are named and included as defendants.
New York city has a suit going too.
The state passed laws against "ghost guns" last year, so I am not sure why they went into records going back to 2017?

Richard

Good find, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reminds me of one exceptionally nosy employee at the FedEx/Kinko’s id occasionally ship from. Every single time I’d walk in with prepaid packages to drop off for FedEx Ground she would always ask what I’m shipping.
I got so fed up with her nosiness I finally told her “ A one pound box of none of your business”

I wouldn’t mind, my box labels all say Dental Laboratory and the recipients were all dental offices.….

Anyway, now back to your regularly scheduled kvetching….😉

·
Registered
9 Posts
Food for thought -
I am a government contractor and vehicle parts surplus dealer.
The US Government has been using a system whereby THEY issue a shipping label for UPS or Fedex for items they have purchased. For me, a lot of the time when I don’t have a pick up on a day when one of the government packages goes out, I drop it a one of several “shipping stores”. When the below policy went into effect, it caused several heated discussions at 3 different shipping stores / drop points I use, all of which ended with me giving them my QAR’s phone number and telling them it was none of their business what was in the box (per Government policy), the Government generated the label and if they wanted to know more, they could call the QAR. They no longer question me or my wife when we drop boxes off... ;)

Going back about 5 or more years ago, the Government (DLA) made a change to the outside label requirements for shipments, the “Case” label can no longer have a noun description of the part(s) inside. PN#, NSN Contract# all of that can stay, BUT NO Description. When I asked my QAR (Government Inspector) he said it was because of THEFT in the package carrier companies of weapons related material... Go Figure.... 😠

I wonder WHEN this latest round of nonsense will affect the Government???? AND the Warfighter!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Not once in all the years I have had a FedEx account has anyone at the ship center ever asked me what was in the box. I walk in, say hello to whoever is behind the counter, hand them the package and walk out.

Where most issues seem to originate is at FedEx Office locations, easy enough to avoid by opening a FedEx account and printing all your shipping labels at your office or home. With One Rate boxes you can even skip buying scales.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts