1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to compile a list of parts Gelman Corp. produced for the A4/A6. It is my understanding they were a subcontractor for RIA. The parts will be stamped GC, I currently have the parts listed. If anyone can add to the list along with a picture I would appreciate it.

1.Accelerator
2.Breech lock
3.Extractor

·
Registered
976 Posts
I will look through my parts and see. I recall at least 1 RIA marked part, but will look in the next few daysa.

Chris

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,990 Posts
Your list is complete to the best of my knowledge. I have not seen any other Gelman Corp parts. One might suppose they also contracted to make pins or other pieces that did not require marking, but unless we find the contract with RIA we will never know about those.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your list is complete to the best of my knowledge. I have not seen any other Gelman Corp parts. One might suppose they also contracted to make pins or other pieces that did not require marking, but unless we find the contract with RIA we will never know about those.
I was hoping there were at least a few more. The 3 parts listed is all I’ve ever seen also, thought someone out there might have something not listed.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,990 Posts
I was hoping there were at least a few more. The 3 parts listed is all I’ve ever seen also, thought someone out there might have something not listed.
You never know. Sometimes, just when we think we know everything, something new turns up that we had not seen before. That's happened with BA parts twice in the last 4-5 years. Both parts relating to the feed lever pivot assembly, so rare only 3-4 examples have turned up, all in a short space of time. Nothing since. So, maybe more GC stuff will come to light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts