1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gal worked for Donnas cousin in his medical supply store just up the road.

Pict of one I have that looks just like the one she has, her blade is engraved (??) about 1/2 way down, mine has no engraving. Her brass is very dirty & dull, her black scabbard has one minor dent & several areas of rust. Hers does not have the red "jewels" in the eyes. I turned it down for $500. primarily as I am not aware of any way to clean the brass that doesnt make it look sanded. I have a really nice one of these with bright clean brass, beautiful patina, beautiful shiney blade & clean nickled scabbard.......again no engraving.

Not sure I did the right thing.....she also has a Luger I didnt see. Hardly any of this stuff coming from individuals anymore.....

PJH

Pict. of my lesser quality one....hers is not this good, brass is real tacky.....neither of mine have blade engraving.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
PJ, these German Army swords have a gold wash over the brass... that's why yours looks so good,
but if they have been stored poorly for years then they don't look so good....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm holding out for a Viking ULFBERHT........

TiredIron

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I'm holding out for a Viking ULFBERHT........

TiredIron
A friend of mine is a captain in the Boston FD... he's also a drummer in one of the bag pipe bands.... several people carry the Scottish Basket hilt swords..... he said if he was going to carry a sword it would reflect his Viking heritage ... so the gears began turning in my old brain box...... I purchased a nice Viking sword and engraved in Viking runes the following: "DANA KILLER OF FIRE" .... I figured it should fit with his occupation :) was up to see him and his wife for Christmas.... he loved his gift.

Scabbard Insect Dagger

Scabbard Dagger Sword Blade Hunting knife

Scabbard Blade Hunting knife Dagger Sabre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts