1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope to have all my (stuff) in Wednesday!!!!
Get started on building my first of 2 !!!!
Hope y'all have a lot of patience!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of ????????

Thanks. FXR!!!!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Well at least you are doliving in head first properly.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just remembered I got to get in touch with the rivet guy !!!!!
Se I have already gotten ahead of myself!!!!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
The members here love questions and everybody learns from them.Great start, no one can have just one and 54r is a good second or third cartridge.J.R.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm trying!!!!!!!
Gotta get in touch with the rivet gods!!!!!!
I been slacking and we have been very busy at work!!!!!

Y'all will know when it starts be tons of????? I'm sure!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Don't stress over the riveting, it's not hard. Just go slow. It helps to use masking, or electricians tape around the rivet if you tend to create half moons around the plate.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Research the threads, there are a few where we have given lots of pointers, rivet length, hammering techniques, clamping her up, checking your clamps tightness often as well as verifying bucking bar is still in position etc. If you cannot find it we will be more than happy to guide you through it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This will hopefully be the first of two from the (ground) up!!
Try plan is to build them for my two nephews!!! 6 and 8!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have two young nephews as well, the older of the two is seven and loves to shoot and learn about weapons. Needless to say he loves to come visit his uncle Dustyn much to his mothers chagrin.

He has a preference for AKs, I have toyed with the idea of building him a super light weight 74.

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
I have two young nephews as well, the older of the two is seven and loves to shoot and learn about weapons. Needless to say he loves to come visit his uncle Dustyn much to his mothers chagrin.

He has a preference for AKs, I have toyed with the idea of building him a super light weight 74.
Why not start the lad out with a ak22 military trainer? They have a cool history, are a blast to shoot and a good starter gun for him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts