1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOW, before you read my post your attention is invited to this:

This is an appeal for a donation to my VFW Post and in return you get a chance (1 ticket odds are 1-500) and before I am bombarded with tales of how bad Vietnam vets were treated at VFW posts I say this IT DID NOT HAPPEN HERE! 48% of the members are personally known to me to be Vietnam vets 80% of the post principal officers are Vietnam vets. SO...If you were badly treated at some shithole VFW/AL post in East Stinkfinger, Wherever, there is nothing I can or will do about that. If it happened I personally apologize for something I had no part in. Do not post that crap here. PM me with your personal complaint.

Our Post has no bar, no gambling no kitchen, no hall to rent we serve vets, we have no other relevance, no bar maids/tenders no theft of Post monies.

NOW for the meat, and we got the Meat.

Send me $5 for each ticket If all tickets are sold you will receive your entry fee in return mail, cutoff day for mail entries is mail received in our PO box after November 1, 2015 all entries will be returned with payment tendered. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AND A GOOD PHONE NUMBER!

What do we do with your donation you ask?

We have delivered over 215 of these blanket/ throws about $11,000 over the past three years.

I think the smile on this guy's face is worth $5.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bump up the silence and response is well.... not what I thought

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Your post doesn't have a bar or a kitchen? That's just plain criminal!! :eek:

You might figure out a way to hi-light the mailing address for donations/tickets. We old farts have a hard time with fine print. Twenty bucks on the way.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Address information broken out

St. Juvin Post 1336 VFW 1336
PO Box 191
Coal City, IL 60416

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
St. Juvin Post 1336 VFW 1336
PO Box 191
Coal City, IL 60416
Thanks I should have done that myself, but being old and senile I didn't

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your post doesn't have a bar or a kitchen? That's just plain criminal!! :eek:

You might figure out a way to hi-light the mailing address for donations/tickets. We old farts have a hard time with fine print. Twenty bucks on the way.
Our Vets thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We need some more cash in bound pony up

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Any idea what the IL dealer will charge for shipping? The last time I tried to buy a handgun out of IL the shipping fee was $100 which killed the deal.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I'm in

Will send money for four tickets, but can't do it until Monday when I'm home

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any idea what the IL dealer will charge for shipping? The last time I tried to buy a handgun out of IL the shipping fee was $100 which killed the deal.
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I get this wrong: Handguns have to be shipped by air however gunsmiths and dealers use 2nd day air (much cheaper) at least Clark Custom in LA does also it would depend on where you live. I know this dealer personally and he is not the type to screw anybody

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I get this wrong: Handguns have to be shipped by air however gunsmiths and dealers use 2nd day air (much cheaper) at least Clark Custom in LA does also it would depend on where you live. I know this dealer personally and he is not the type to screw anybody
Thank you, I didn't want to be surprised by the shipping expense if I won.

I am a FFL also. Handguns can also be shipped through the US Mail FFL to FFL which is much less expensive than the other two options. Shipment of handguns through the USPS does not include C&R FFLs.

The only reason UPS and FedEX require handguns to be shipped by air is because they could not control the thefts from ground shipments by their employees.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/1999-12/24/071r-122499-idx.html

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BUMP up to the top.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Charlie I am in for tickets I am on the road still for the next few weeks but I am always in to help our vets. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Charlie I am in for tickets I am on the road still for the next few weeks but I am always in to help our vets. :cool:
Let me know how many you would likke and I'll hold back a few. Thanks to all who are going to participate

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump to the top for Sunday.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Monday bumperoo

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Kirby SEZ: "....Shipment of handguns through the USPS does not include C&R FFLs...."

FYI -- ATF SEZ: "Licensees may mail an unloaded handgun to another licensee in customary trade shipments. Handguns may also be mailed to any officer, employee, agent, or watchman who is eligible under 18 U.S.C. 1715 to receive pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person for use in connection with his or her official duties.

However, postal service regulations must be followed. Any person proposing to mail a handgun must file with the postmaster, at the time of mailing, an affidavit signed by the addressee stating that the addressee is qualified to receive the firearm, and the affidavit must bear a certificate stating that the firearm is for the official use of the addressee. (See the current Postal Manual for details.) [18 U.S.C. 1715]"

Further: "Curios or relics are still firearms subject to the provisions of the GCA; however, curio or relic firearms may be transferred in interstate commerce to licensed collectors or other licensees. [18. U.S.C. 921(a)(3) and (13) and 923(b); 27 CFR 478.11]"

And somehow CMP gets around all this and mails M1s.

Regarding the shipments by common carrier, the Washington Post article interestingly SEZ about the common carrier's hiring practices: ".... Records also show that (the employee) had a long criminal history before he was hired by UPS in May 1997. He was convicted of manufacturing and distributing cocaine in November 1990, according to (local court) records. Four years later, he was charged with first-degree murder in what prosecutors described as a "drug-related homicide." The charge was dropped when two witnesses refused to testify, court records show...."

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kirby SEZ: "....Shipment of handguns through the USPS does not include C&R FFLs...."

FYI -- ATF SEZ: "Licensees may mail an unloaded handgun to another licensee in customary trade shipments. Handguns may also be mailed to any officer, employee, agent, or watchman who is eligible under 18 U.S.C. 1715 to receive pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person for use in connection with his or her official duties.

However, postal service regulations must be followed. Any person proposing to mail a handgun must file with the postmaster, at the time of mailing, an affidavit signed by the addressee stating that the addressee is qualified to receive the firearm, and the affidavit must bear a certificate stating that the firearm is for the official use of the addressee. (See the current Postal Manual for details.) [18 U.S.C. 1715]"

Further: "Curios or relics are still firearms subject to the provisions of the GCA; however, curio or relic firearms may be transferred in interstate commerce to licensed collectors or other licensees. [18. U.S.C. 921(a)(3) and (13) and 923(b); 27 CFR 478.11]"

And somehow CMP gets around all this and mails M1s[/

Regarding the shipments by common carrier, the Washington Post article interestingly SEZ about the common carrier's hiring practices: ".... Records also show that (the employee) had a long criminal history before he was hired by UPS in May 1997. He was convicted of manufacturing and distributing cocaine in November 1990, according to (local court) records. Four years later, he was charged with first-degree murder in what prosecutors described as a "drug-related homicide." The charge was dropped when two witnesses refused to testify, court records show...."

Carry On!
Gary
><>

When I got my first M1 in 1987 it was mailed registered mail. The M1's the Post got in April came FedEx next day air by noon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts