1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Interesting attempt to build a fifty

I must admit he did a novel approach to building a single shot rifle. He also mentions NEVER having seen a fifty fired before!

He has interest, some skills, and enough youthful energy to get hurt. Maybe some far more skilled teachers would be interested in taking him under their wings.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
"I'm smart, don't do this.... I'm really disappointed, but we did learn a lot from that test fire...."

Youthful dumbassedness.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
That kid is asking to be seriously hurt doing that kind of crap. What kind of headspace tool/gauge was that? You could take 1 look at it before he shot it, see the welds and know that it was going to fail not to mention that there is no real way of knowing if he actually had it set right prior to shooting it.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Cmon, as kids we were building pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails. At least this kid had the sense to get far from it when he touched it off.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
well, at least he did not get killed or kill someone else. what he made is a pipe bomb. Brings a whole new meaning to "pressure cooker." Perhaps his engineering team should start on a smaller caliber like - 38 spec. and work up from there.....

·
Registered
735 Posts
His YouTube channel has a fair number of videos. I watched some last night, and I think he did work up to this. He did nearly build a pipe bomb, but I have to give him some credit. What appears to be a lack of professional training has given him a lot of freedom to imagine and build stuff. I never would've considered locking a barrel/breach like that. It obviously didn't work well as constructed, but it is interesting to see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts