1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Gordie K's MG15 submittal gun at the Knob Creek show last weekend I decided I better keep my kit and get working on it. I had almost sold this kit a month ago but instead bought a semi receiver and am looking forward to getting this one built. It sure makes for a nice display piece in the mean time. Hope you enjoy the pictures. :D
CaptMax

Reactions: toolmanm203

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Looking good Steve :thumbup: I am glad you went with Gordy's design.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That's awesome. Some poor, hard up bastidge was trying sell a kit on this very forum hardly a month ago.
Wish I had bought it now.
Uh,,, wait a sec. D'oh!;)

Let us know when it's running please.:)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Whats the lastest on the semi design? I don't know why but I still wonder if we will ever see an approved ATF design...

Also will the receiver need to be hardened?

I hate to say it but I sold my kit years ago and I am still glad I did. :D

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the lastest on the semi design? I don't know why but I still wonder if we will ever see an approved ATF design...

Also will the receiver need to be hardened?

I hate to say it but I sold my kit years ago and I am still glad I did. :D
I am sure you will be seeing an approval in the near future. It IS being submitted.
The submittal gun looked great, couldn't tell it from an original other than the markings.:thumbup:
No hardening required on the receiver either.
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That does look nice, but I sold my kit and crate a couple years back too. I have a Japanese type 89 ( MG15) I was going to build it onto, but just never got to it. I even have a Japanese marked drum for the gun, and I have never fired it. the idea of hip shooting the thing does not appeal to me....... Anyone have an idea on mounting the aircraft type gun to something?

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve - looks great! Hope you get it shootin soon! Buuut - don't let it keep you from the ferret!!!!
Thanks Dave, don't worry nothing will get in the way of the Ferret restoration. :thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I am sure you will be seeing an approval in the near future...
CaptMax
Been hearing that, no joke, since 2006 or so. I will not hold my breath but wish you luck!

...I have a Japanese type 89 ( MG15) I was going to build it onto, but just never got to it. I even have a Japanese marked drum for the gun, and I have never fired it. the idea of hip shooting the thing does not appeal to me....... Anyone have an idea on mounting the aircraft type gun to something?
I had a Jap Type 89 Kit and drum too at one point. Traded it and $1600 for my First MG08/15 sideplate. It was a beautiful gun.

I had a IMA repro Mount. http://www.ima-usa.com/german-wwii-mg-15-aluminum-ventilated-jacket-bracket.html
This gives you a MG34 style bipod mounting system. I also had a MG13 IMA repro tripod. I know this is not a correct term but thats what they called it. Looked like this: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=49802 but you could also drop a MG34 bipod on it. If I was doing it today, I would grab one of those MG3 AA pods and put a MG34 adapter on it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Been hearing that, no joke, since 2006 or so. I will not hold my breath but wish you luck!

I had a Jap Type 89 Kit and drum too at one point. Traded it and $1600 for my First MG08/15 sideplate. It was a beautiful gun.

I had a IMA repro Mount. http://www.ima-usa.com/german-wwii-mg-15-aluminum-ventilated-jacket-bracket.html
This gives you a MG34 style bipod mounting system. I also had a MG13 IMA repro tripod. I know this is not a correct term but thats what they called it. Looked like this: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=49802 but you could also drop a MG34 bipod on it. If I was doing it today, I would grab one of those MG3 AA pods and put a MG34 adapter on it.
The barrel jacket cover looks like something I could work with. I had one of the tripods like that too, had a converter for my type 92 (lewis) for it. It was not terribly stable, and I sold the tripod a number of years back. Thanks for the tip on the jacket cover .....

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Matt, you didn't hear me promising that in 2006, but you can quote me now.
"It shouldn't be long before this is BATFE approved". :D
This is the semi being submitted, the air cooled aircraft version pictured here.
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Matt, you didn't hear me promising that in 2006, but you can quote me now.
"It shouldn't be long before this is BATFE approved". :D
This is the semi being submitted, the air cooled aircraft version pictured here.
CaptMax
It will not be the first submitted. I wish you the best of luck.

However screw the MG15! I want to see a semi MG08/15 design approved... hint hint!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
So i guess i better grab a kit now before prices go even higher?
Its a gamble... Depends on you faith that the design will pass ATF. There have been three examples submitted so far that have failed to get ATF approval. Hopefully this one gets past. However price will go up or stay the same depending...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts