1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the going price for a 1917A1 or M35 tripod these days. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
It's a tough question to answer. Now that these tripods are all in the hands of private individuals. As there is no major vendor where you can just call up and order one, prices are going to keep going up. An M35 on a gun show table has been running around $1200-$1500, from what I've seen at the last KCR and SAR shows. That's in as-is condition. A nicely restored one is going to be higher. Patience is your friend here, and being willing to go to a show like KCR to hunt. Now 1917A1 pods were retailing at $1000-$1200 at OOW for years, then a bit lower when they were selling off the lower grade ones. But they have no more. A vendor who is making his living at this is not going to let one go cheap, as these are an investment in his business. There are customers who will pay $2250-$2500 for a nicely restored one. But bargains turn up, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Now 1917A1 pods were retailing at $1000-$1200 at OOW for years, then a bit lower when they were selling off the lower grade ones. But they have no more. A vendor who is making his living at this is not going to let one go cheap, as these are an investment in his business. There are customers who will pay $2250-$2500 for a nicely restored one. But bargains turn up, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.
Wow :eek:
I would not have expected that Lucky#13.
Always thought tripods would make a neat item to collect as they are so diversified and there are so many neat ones out there.
Now I wish I had bought two of every one I own.
CaptMax

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to step in and squirrel Coltman's special deal, so I guess I will have to walk away empty handed on this one.
Dan

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Lucky,

I am looking at a M35, for around $1500.00, I figured it was on the top end but not out of line. Thanks for you time on educating me, hopefully along with a few others, it appears I got into this obsession a little late and even shorter on money.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
664 Posts
A guy had 3 or 4 of those m74 tripods that were demilled at the Aberdeen Mil vehicle show in may. He wanted 500 a piece. I was very tempted but they were rough. If you had them all and could weld aluminum I think you could have made at least one decent one but all the azmuth rings were shot. I passed and bought jeep parts instead!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts