12,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for mp5 mags.
The short 15 rounders are very cool or 30 round POF or mP5 marked mags

Rory

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Let us know how they work. I got rid of my straight ones because they malfunctioned a lot. Curved ones work well in my gun [semi-auto], so a few extras might be in order at that price. ;)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Just picked up some from a gunbroker seller.
Then 10 minutes later I get an email from center fire systems. I never check there for anything.
I should have.
15$ each
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MAGMP5-KR30.aspx
I don't know anything about Korean magazines, but German, Turkish, and Pakistani mags look and run perfectly. I only use 15 and 30 rounders. They both load perfectly without the need of a loading tool.

I've had my Fleming RR PP MP5 for 27 years and it never misses a beat.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I had probably 8 MP-5s that we used for "work" and currently have 5 or so on hand . All are real FA guns. We never had a lick of trouble with the straight mags, and used them for training and drills. The curved mags seem to handle the HP ammo better. We had a few ( very few) stove pipes with HPs that I would attribute to the mags. Never really used the 15 rd ( no point to them for us) but I never really had trouble with them either. We had some 40 rders, but they did not fit our webgear well, and there did not seem to be a real tactical advantage. If you want to really cook up your MP-5, do Beta dumps. I think I still have one of those beta mags here somewhere...... Wall Brick Room Wood Airsoft gun

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
... If you want to really cook up your MP-5, do Beta dumps. ...
I've tried 9mm Beta mags in my MP5s. But, they're just too heavy and bulky for my liking. I swapped out the mag towers on those Betas and now use them with 9mm M16 setups. They're still bulky, but they feel somewhat less so with M16s.

·
12,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the ease is swapping out an mp5 barrel I can not see how anyone could justify a beta mag.

Too bulky and not too interesting

R

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Im so envious.

I fire thousands of fifty cal and MK19 rounds a year. I spend time with M249's, M240's and M320 grenade launchers as well.

Yet..........ALL I WANT TO SHOOT is a MP5. Im so infatuated with that little gun.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Im so envious.

I fire thousands of fifty cal and MK19 rounds a year. I spend time with M249's, M240's and M320 grenade launchers as well.

Yet..........ALL I WANT TO SHOOT is a MP5. Im so infatuated with that little gun.
Personally would prefer my M249 for up close and personal work. I keep a different outlook on the various MGs - They are all fun to shoot, but I have had the opportunity to use them in sort of tacti-cool situations which gives a guy a little different outlook. Gun Firearm Assault rifle Trigger Machine gun Gun Airsoft Machine gun Airsoft gun Trigger Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Rifle Firearm Gun Trigger Machine gun Airsoft

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
I had probably 8 MP-5s that we used for "work" and currently have 5 or so on hand . All are real FA guns. We never had a lick of trouble with the straight mags, and used them for training and drills. The curved mags seem to handle the HP ammo better. We had a few ( very few) stove pipes with HPs that I would attribute to the mags. Never really used the 15 rd ( no point to them for us) but I never really had trouble with them either. We had some 40 rders, but they did not fit our webgear well, and there did not seem to be a real tactical advantage. If you want to really cook up your MP-5, do Beta dumps. I think I still have one of those beta mags here somewhere...... View attachment 14893
Aw that's just not fair to have that many real toys. :( Although I at least have one of the select fire Rugers to play with here.....it's a small start. (chuckle) Nice collection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts