1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Sorry for the long absence. I have been looking in off and on, but not spending much time on the computer except a bit at work. I found yesterday when I tried to post that I had been removed and was no longer a member. I have now registered again.
As you may remember I was working my keester off in the gas fields because the other day operator got hurt on the job, and there was no relief available. He was gone until Feb 26th. Things looked like they would return to normal, but then the wife wound up in Emergency on the 28th of Febuary, with serious health issues, after a couple of lengthly hospital stays, and home care which took up about all my off time she was back up and functioning at about 50 percent last month.
Then last month I colapsed on the job with internal pain so bad I thought I was going to croak. I wound up in Emergency, and after a few Cat Scans was told that there was a growth on my left Kidney about the same size of the kidney. This was not the cause of my agony, it was found when doing the scans.
I am going for tests and Doctors visits, with the results pointing at cancer and the complete removal of the kidney and tumor, with the hope that it does not get cut and spread durring the removal.
I have returned to work until the surgery, and am working about every day again, as the afore mentioned operator that I stood in for those 3 months ( he had a broken finger) quit a week ago. Kinda leaves me holdin the bag eh? ( he would not even go in and cover for me the one time I asked him durring my wifes ordeal, and would not cover for me when I was in the hospital.) nice eh?
Anyway the tripods have been on hold due to these problems. If anybody who is on the waiting list wants a pod as a kit, to finish themselves, I will get one off to you. The price will be the same however, as my cost will not change.
Sorry for the inconvience, as I know you all need a mount. I wish I could have gotten them all out to you in a timely manner, but as you can see it's been a bit poopy here.
Best Wishes to all
Dave & Audrey
( AKA Gorloff )

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
hi dave

i hope your luck and health improves.

as anyone who has dealt with dave, he makes a very nice mount for a very fair price

·
Registered
171 Posts
Gorloff,

I too hope everything improves and works out all right. Sorry about the delay, I just now saw my messages.....I don't usually get private messages so I don't look for them. E-mail sent on one of the kits. I would be interested.

Again our thoughts and prayers go out for you buddy!.

TC

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Gorloff, God be with you and yours my friend. If I can do anything for you please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys
The night operator called me this morning, and told me that they hired a woman operator to take Jims place. So I will start training her tomorrow. Lets hope she catches on quick, and likes the job, so I can at least get my weeks off back.
I was able to get most all work done on the rear right outer legs last week ( sliding sleeve legs ) I hope to be able to slit them for the clamping handle as soon as I get a day off. ( Thats all thats left to do except , making the leg alignment set screws, and index levers) after that I can paint, assemble, and tune.
The MRI's detect no blood flow to the tumor, so the doctors want to leave the kidney in place and do periodic MRI's to watch for growth. They say that since the kidney seems to be functioning they don't want to remove it unless they have to due to my diabetes.
Many thanks for all the messages of encouragement, and positive emails.
Best
Dave ( AKA Gorloff)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts