1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured we needed a place to discuss the site itself, bugs, problems, suggestions, questions, etc. Feel free to add your thoughts on how we can continue to improve this site!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
How about changing how we view the threads by starting at the top when you view it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
spadegrips review on front page is dead link...

Shots,

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but the Spadegrips review link on the front page (lower right) returns a 404 error.

Keyth

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Shots!

I guess this is the suggestion box. :D

What i thought would be cool to have is a Buyer/Seller Feedback forum.
I always like to give good sellers feed back.. a little goes a long way!

·
Registered
224 Posts
brassmagnet said:
You can do that in your CP - go to edit option - view threads - linear - newest first.
Thanks brass, I got the calander to work ,but as far as the thread goes I punched oldest first. When I open some threads you have to scroll up to get to original post, rather than the old way which started at the top.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although I like the idea, I'd like to see some feedback about this from other members...also from someone from the legal side of things. i.e. could I personally be held responsible if someone posts something about said company and said company says it's libel.

Subguns has a similar forum, so I'm not opposed to it...keep in mind that this type of forum would have to be heavily moderated. Are you volunteering for the job Arisaka San?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What I meant was I would like to start at the original message from the person that started the thread then go down to the newer posts. The oldest and newest first option just changes orientation so you still technically start at the bottom (latest post).
Ex: Oldest first 1,2,3,4,5 - Newest first 5,4,3,2,1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Click on the Subject/Title for the first post in a thread...

PKw VI Tiger1 said:
What I meant was I would like to start at the original message from the person that started the thread then go down ...
Just click on the subject/title and it will take you to the first post in the thread.

Keyth

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Moderate(or) Von. . .

That would be a lot like rolling a flash-bang into the drunk tank around 4:00am, "just for practice". :eek:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Shots, I don't see any kind of link over to Nosegunner's reference site on the home page. It has so much info, I would hate the newbies to miss it.
Also I have been checking the 1919A4.com referral box when I order stuff from Tapco, does this help you out when negotiating advertising space. If it does maybe it should be posted that other members do the same when ordering stuff from similar vendors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
post ideas

shots i dont know if this feature already exists and i dont know about it.... on some of the other boards(which are still second to 1919) they have a feature to click on and you can view all the posts you started and that you replied to. they also have a feature that you can click on to view all posts since your last visit. i find both of these very usefull and i think they would be great on this board. i think everyone would benifit from this. also maybe it would be possible to add a hometown section like arfcom has. then it would be easier to keep in touch with the local guys and smaller events around town.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would like to see an ammo forum. I'm constantly looking for ammo deals and my scores are usually because someone posts a "heads-up" in one of the other boards ammo forum.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Morning Wood, we've got an Ammo section set up here for reviews and replies:
http://www.1919a4.com/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewcategory&cid=17

I'll add a "box" to the home page with links to like-minded sites such as Nosegunner's site--I've talked with him about "archiving" his site here so it will always have a place on the web to live, should he decide to quit hosting it.

Bucknaked, at the top of the pages, there's a link to New Posts, which takes you here:
http://www.1919a4.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

I think that may be what you're after--the only negative is that it pulls all the new threads from all forums, not just the forum you're in, but it's still a decent feature.

·
3,300 Posts
We have a section on Semi-Auto 1919's, and Full Auto 1919's.

How about a section that is more general that involves the 1919's for information on accessories, statistics, models, etc..

I posted the history of the 1919 in the open section because the other sections didn't fit well, so it would be nice to have a section for everything else 1919.

·
Registered
153 Posts
KeythL said:
Just click on the subject/title and it will take you to the first post in the thread.

Keyth
Sorry, but none of the suggestions have worked for me. I still get middle to end of thread and have to either page back if more than one page or scroll up to begining post.

I noticed that this only seems to happen when selecting thread topic's from the start-up page when first accessing website.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts