1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back today from hangin out on the firin line with couple freinds and shootin MG's all weekend. That shoot is AWESOME! Big explosions and i killed the car, or atleast my shirt says i did, and i did try:rolleyes: .

Got to meet Scott Cousino and M16er finally, great guys, just like the rest of the bunch up there. Also got to hang with John Mqguire for a while and look at some more of his toys.

It was a great weekend for me and the wife other then bein burnt beyond recognition and my truck shootin craps on me couple times. Good people, fun guns and lots of explosions.:D

Thanks Steve S

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
Ssgmd

Sounds like a good time!! Yea I know I should have gone, but....
I think I really would have enjoyed the Scary Spider Girley Man Dance!!! :rolleyes: Good to hear the 1919 is back up and running like it should.
BA

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh hell no! What did Steve do, call you up as soon as he got home to tell you about the spider and other things? I got ripped on from the get go, i couldnt find him on the side of a road in a section of the state i have never been to and while im pullin a cop over to ask for directions that hes givin me, the cops tellin me where to go and hes on the phone cursin and yellin at the same time, somethin about how i could mess up a wet dream or somethin of that effect. He even had my wife joinin in on it at times.

It was a blast, we was never bored or left with nothin to talk about, OH and by the way, it was a HUGE spider and it was comin right at me and i didnt do no girly man dance, i just quickly moved out of the way, i might have squealed a bit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Squeeled a BIT? You were like a 10 year old girl at a Ricky Martin concert....just raggin on ya Wayne. Don't get those pink panties of yours in a bind! We had a HELL of a time! I hope the guys next to us get a video sent my way. Looking forward to next year already....maybe I'll have my 1919 back by then!:( I was whipped after I got home and unloaded. Cleaened the MG34 (which ran like a champ!), ordered a pizza and hit the sheets. Was glad you and the Mrs came out. Sounds like next year will be even better!
Steve S

·
Registered
660 Posts
Oh, hope I didn't burn ya TOO bad with the laser! It was funny though watching you swat at your arm like that!:D
Steve S

·
Registered
40 Posts
It was a pretty fun shoot. Needed more targets though. All the fire dept breaks gave shooters a good chance to reload/repair which at first bugged me, but I found I kind of liked the breaks to be able to talk with fellow shooters.

I did pick up a belt loader in the box for the princely sum of $300! Works like a champ - in fact it works better than the newer one I already have. This and shooting some cool stuff made the 4 hour trip all worth it for me.

Overall a good time. I did feel a bit undergunned having only brought shoulder fired stuff and subguns. Ok, I did bring my ar-50, but your buddies really dont like to share the 10' line with the blast.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but your buddies really dont like to share the 10' line with the blast.

Yeah, i know what ya mean!

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
Spider Info

After contacting the local entomologist at Oklahoma University (OKU) and giving him the description of said TturanaWolfua AKA the ?Shirking Man Spider? :rolleyes: I was informed that this was the furthest west it has been seen.
He told me that it normally is only found around the tiny ?city? of Bland MO. The spider is well known there to be able to spot a mild to moderate case of arachnophobia from well over 50?. Normally around 1.25-1.50? at leg spread the unusually docile spider may attempt mate with the aforementioned individuals. This has been known to cause the Double8 Tip Toe Tap Dance or the SSGMD. That or they just enjoy the show.
When contacted for comment as to why one would leave a loaded NFA 1919A4 behind Double8 heard saying ?It was coming right at me!!? ?I don?t do spiders.? and ?It was a FrankenSpider!?:eek:
I can?t wait to run the V53 and the ?17 with ya man! Thanks!!:D
See Ya,
BA

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ROLMFAO!!

Thats good, you did alot of research on that one! The best one was when me and steve was puttin the canopy up and we was takin a break and while i was standin next to the truck, he was sittin on the tailgate, i got a bug that bit the **** out of my left arm, i smaked it and he ask "what was that?" Told him a bug bit or stung me. About 2 mins later it got me again, well about that time Steve starts laughin and it was him with his laser that burns threw ****, he was burnin my arm with it and i thought it was a bug. Everytime i got bit or stung that weekend the first thing i did was look for steve to make sure it wasnt him burnin me again, i was a little paranoid!

This laser is stronger then the one he was burnin my new boots with at the shoot we had up here at my place, and that one was bad enough. It was funny but hurt at the same time. I had a blast!

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Steve S said:
Squeeled a BIT? You were like a 10 year old girl at a Ricky Martin concert....just raggin on ya Wayne. Don't get those pink panties of yours in a bind! We had a HELL of a time! I hope the guys next to us get a video sent my way. Looking forward to next year already....maybe I'll have my 1919 back by then!:( I was whipped after I got home and unloaded. Cleaened the MG34 (which ran like a champ!), ordered a pizza and hit the sheets. Was glad you and the Mrs came out. Sounds like next year will be even better!
Steve S
Oh man! I'm dyin'. Hope you got the spider dance on video!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Always a good shoot at Oklahoma! Me and Scott was dis-cussing you Wayne about being a possible No Show when you walked right up! Glad to meet you and the Misses!

I had seen the biting Green Laser shining downrange at the night shoot. Bert of Gatlingguns.com had set out a rather "large" charge in the red Ford, and he was videoing to catch the explosion, when it started to rain during the shoot. Explosions, rain, and people starting to run for cover, some bitching, some "squealing like a spider was about to attack them", all along with MG fire, and he just said "Welcome to Hell". Funniest thing I heard on the line.

We were on the North part of the line, Mike dug a Spider Trench to keep the Spiders away.

This shoot keeps getting better each year. :cool:

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasnt gonna be a no show, thats for sure, next year and the YEARS afterwards i will be there as well. The wife said we have a new event to go to every year so well be back as long as it stays around. We enjoyed it!

That laser is not a regular laser you put on a pistol or rifle, its some kind of expen$ive class 3 laser of some outer galactic type and it hurts! It will burn right threw objects, we was burnin ticks i found on me just for fun, among other things. Its cool without a doubt.

Unless you seen the size of this spider you have no idea, it took up the whole 10' position and the wife stepped on it twice for me and it still kept comin, no kiddin. It would of carried me away like a normal spider would a fly, anyone would of been a bit concerned.

It was good to meet you and Scott, M16er, we would of been back up for the BBQ but i brought a ford down as my transportation and it left me stranded down there so when i finally got it started i took off in hopes it made it back home before diein again. Ill catch you guys next year, or at the Creek!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts