1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
LEGENDARY BULLY!
6,488 Posts
Boy,, When I think of how much ammo goes for today,, I just can't understand the waste. I watched half of the first video,, Even if I lived in a state that allowed FA I would not waste ammo like that.

Not impressed.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
You pay to have your fun!

Been there, done that, got the shirt, picture, and coffee mug! Keep in mind this was also 2005 and buying 8MM in bulk was $60 per thousand or less. Our belt fed semi's are fun but still just lack the excitement of FA. It was a major loss when my friend sold his FA 1919, as I used anytime I wanted. We were also shooting my 30-06 reloads, cost then per round was about $.12. Our shoots usually run into the late evening and finish with 250 rounds of tracer. Now we settle for using our FA subguns, but with mostly 25 round mags it has slowed our ammo consumption. Given current shortages and prices that is probably a good thing.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Roc Rat trust me you would. I went threw 11,000 rounds of Lake City 30-06threw a friends 1919A-4 and BAR years ago at the north country shoot in 1 day.
Valley

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
Boy,, When I think of how much ammo goes for today,, I just can't understand the waste. I watched half of the first video,, Even if I lived in a state that allowed FA I would not waste ammo like that.

Not impressed.
Rock,
As I remember Dave sold the brass for MORE than the ammo cost. Yes He could have held on to it until the prices went nuts like now and made even more money, but it's just not about money it's about fun.
I don't run the belt guns often but when I do I like to make a day of it! Nothing sez happy like a barrel that's cherry red or a cloud of steam so thick ya cant see down range!:D
I'll likely have to reload (in 3006) to be able to afford to run my toys in the future, but I will still use barrels as a replaceable expense of running them hard. Besides the "smooth ones" throw a better fireball!
BAinMO

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Man, I wish I had high speed !:( Hotch

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well, I like a F/A gun just like anyone else, and have shot many many types. But in this day and age of the ammo crisis, I would be savouring what ammo I have and not just blasting it away for the sake of blasting. Granted, these vids were shot back in the day of cheap ammo, but today's times are far worse.(not picking on you guys)
If you are rich, and can afford to blaze away a few thousand rounds at a time, then go ahead, and enjoy. But this just drives the prices up or us poor folk.
If you are not rich, and can't afford to blaze away a few thousnd rounds at a time, buy what you can afford, and save it for a rainy day.

Cheap ammo is gone(for the next forseeable future) so stop wasting it, and save it.

Yes, I know, the flames will start on me about it, but.. Remember.. ;
It is better to have; than not need ; Than to need... and not have.
:eek:

Just my late night ramblings folks :)

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Thanks blkbd... That WAS me on Double8's 1919!

RocRat,

The ammo COST was $37 per 1200 of Greek 8mm... I sold the brass for about $75, so that was a MONEY-MAKER!

Sure, I could have held it and gouged people for it and made several hundred dollars at today's cost, but that field full of bowling pins (200 or so) sure danced pretty that day!

Dave

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MT-AC must have been more bored than me to dig up my old thread from over a year ago.:p :D Yeah that is some great FA shooting.

·
864 Posts
Thats DBL8's little girl running my 1917 I bought from CaptRays estate!:( We lost him to cancer a little over 3 years ago. I know he was smiling down on us that day!!:D
BAinMO

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
LOL... And here I thought the only people watching my videos were idiots from overseas!

Thanks, gregolver and Blkbd!

·
Registered
660 Posts
And here I thought the only people watching my videos were idiots from overseas!
Nah! There's idiots on this side of the sea watching them too.....here's one with my wife shooting my American 180:D (poor pumpkin didn't have a chance!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz6r0XEif84&mode=related&search=

As far as the ammo thing, Some may say it's a waste, others say shoot it. It depends on what you bought it for. I got rid of my 1919 and am sticking with commercial calibers (.223, 9mm, .45, .22, 7.62x39) for the MG's with the exception of 54R for my post sample PKM. I'm in with Brian on the reloading thing. Been stocking up on components while they're cheap. I do have to tell you though, I've never laughed so hard as I did when I was shooting my Am180 with some Aguila FAST (damn fast) .22....like 1700+fps! Completely destroyed a large pumpkin with it......that **** is fun!
Steve

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats DBL8's little girl running my 1917 I bought from CaptRays estate!:( We lost him to cancer a little over 3 years ago. I know he was smiling down on us that day!!:D
BAinMO
My build has a couple of CaptRays parts in her that I got from you. I still need to park her though.

·
864 Posts
Good Home

blkbd,
Thanks for remembering! I really like to hear how his “extras” have found a good home to live in! :D
BAinMO

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
For all those that say its a waste......what the hell else is the ammo for??? I bought the gun to have fun with not to collect or make money off of by sellin it 2 yrs later to make a buck. Theres no way i can think of to have any more fun then to have my family and freinds like BAinMO, Steve S, Dave S, Dave D and Ferfunwoody out at the range with our guns and burnin ammo.

Its people that buy ammo and treat it like a stamp collection that drive me and ammo prices sky high, never gonna use the stamp or the ammo, just gonna keep it till its worth alot of money then sell it to some sucker that just wants to have fun with his gun.Either shoot it or sell it to me i will make another useless video with my freinds.

That video isnt ****, we have had shoots where i took in 425LBs empty brass from 1 days shooting. I bought my guns and ammo to shoot, if that annoys you then your on the wrong website, E-BAY is further on down the liberal list.

RESPECT MA AUTHORITIE!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Doubles, I couldn't have said it any better. If you ain't gonna shoot it, let somebody else have it, that enjoys what this board was created for. When you're old and sitting in your rocking chair, and you're thinking, "well I could have".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts