1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feel like I've finally become an upper classman in a fraternaty. Through the outstanding advice, guidance, and support available on this site, I finally got my first 1919A4 built. I could do better if I did it again, but I think it turned out pretty good. I'm A.D.D. and have a tendency to get distracted (hey, look at that shiny thing over there!). I checked my headspace, headspace, headspace, and loaded up 50rnd belt. With some intrepidation, I pulled the trigger and, BOOM. A round fired flawlessly down range. Ten or fifteen more rounds like that went down range in careful succession before I could not contain myself. I had to pull that trigger as fast as I could, till there weren't no more. NOW I GET IT. I see..., no..., feel why you all love these things. Boy, do I see why ya need a tripod too.
When I got it home, I cleaned it, and checked all of the rivets. After 150 rounds run throgh it, all seems well. Still tight, nothing loose.
Now I need to win the Lottory so I can afford to feed it. I'll try to post some pictures in the morning. Thanks for letting me blather on.:D :D :D

David

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,157 Posts
Ah! Another one fully seduced to the darkside!:D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Congrats on the running 1919a4 & embrace your ADD/ADHD as the "gift" that it can be! Many of the most famous inventors & statesmen were "afficted" as such.;)

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Congrats, well done.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Welcome to the belt fed faternity! Now you will be getting the 8mm conversion parts because it seems that is the cheapest ammo now! If I do not take my 1919 if feel like a let down, like something is missing

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I'm gonna try and post a picture or three.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,157 Posts
Yes indeed, it looks great! The rivets look clean and that is the hardest part for most. You did good. :)

And I sure remember MY first few rounds down range! What a feeling! :D

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
That came out really nice. Looking forward to seeing it at the next Florida shoot if you can make it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Really nice job. But I have a question. Is your pintle 110 or 220??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For this baby, my pintle is three phase! BTW, here are some more pixs ya'll might like.
I parked this in a stainless steel tray I got at a restuarant supply place, $21. Did it on my BBQ,;worked great. I've been parkerizing anything thats not nailed down.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts