1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've alway wanted to have a gun rack in my office, but never found the right one that I felt suited the decor. I finally found one and I finished it to match the wood in my office. Here it is. I'm quite excited to have a few guns hanging nearby as I work. Having guns near me just makes me feel goooood. :D

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Looks nice. Hope you have a good lck on your office door. Have you ever fired the Schmidt-Rubins? I have one of the long 1911's and have never fired it. I have thought about getting the short 1931 version but ammo is a little hard to find.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Armorer said:
Looks nice. Hope you have a good lck on your office door. Have you ever fired the Schmidt-Rubins? I have one of the long 1911's and have never fired it. I have thought about getting the short 1931 version but ammo is a little hard to find.

I have fired both Schmidt Rubins and they are extremely accurate rifles as well as being top notch quality. However, both are hitting about 10inches high at 100 yards with the rear sight set to closest meter setting (300for 1911 and 100 for K31). I assume this is how the Swiss battle-sight their rifles. It would be hard to find a better made military rifle than the Schmidt Rubin 1911. Note: Mine is actually a 96/11 which was an older rifle converted to 1911 specs.

Ammo is fairly easy to find. Plenty of the ammo distributors have the 7.5 Swiss FMJ ammo. It's actually Swiss Match Ammo made in the 80's, and it's very accurate.

I found some for you at AimSurplus. They also have it in 60 round boxes if you just want a few rounds. This is the real deal made in Switzerland and is the GP11 Match ammo. You can safely fire this in your Schmidt Rubin 1911 in case your wondering.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_5swiss.html

A7.5Swiss GP11 7.5Swiss FMJ Ammunition 480rd case (48 boxes)

Item# A7.5Swiss
Ammunition as above. Packaged 10rds/box, 60rds/sleve (6 boxes), and 48 boxes in a 480rds/case (8 sleves).

480rd case: $156.00

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Stating the obvious. . .

NICE RACK!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I've been watching the "chicks with guns" thread on Weaponeer.net for too long. :D

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Thanks for the information. Not a bad price on the ammo either. I have seen it for a lot more (that's why I didn't buy any). By the way that's a nice looking FN49 must be a 7mm judging by the flash hider and lack of a stock marking disk. Wood looks a lot better than my Egyptian.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Armorer said:
Thanks for the information. Not a bad price on the ammo either. I have seen it for a lot more (that's why I didn't buy any). By the way that's a nice looking FN49 must be a 7mm judging by the flash hider and lack of a stock marking disk. Wood looks a lot better than my Egyptian.

You are welcome and thanks. The FN49 is a Venezuelan FN49 7mm, one of 8003. It was mint when I bought it. Good 7mm surplus is impossible to find so I don't shoot it very often. Has anyone else noticed that 7mm Mauser surplus ammo has dried up totally? Too bad!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Great ideal! bet your work output has increased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts