1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this book today and it is absolutely awesome. covers 1917a1, 1919, BAR, and M2
Text Fictional character

·
Registered
587 Posts
HARD RAIN is hard to beat

Is this book as good as HARD RAIN, also written by Frank ? I would hate to buy it if it just covers the same stuff.
Thanks M.McCurry

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
After dropping 3 bills on Dolf's Vickers book, this is a steal. thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this book as good as HARD RAIN, also written by Frank ? I would hate to buy it if it just covers the same stuff.
Thanks M.McCurry
I haven't read a hard rain; this book is more of a armors book detailed disassemble ,repair and reassemble.

·
Registered
587 Posts
HARD RAIN is hard to beat

I haven't read a hard rain; this book is more of a armors book detailed disassemble ,repair and reassemble.
Sir, you should check it out. HARD RAIN History of the Browning Machine Guns. it is 326 pages of all kind of info. on the belt fed 30 and 50 cal. Browning's. It covers about everything.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The Hard Rain book is a good inexpensive history on the Brownings. Personally, Dolf's books are better and more comprehensive, but a lot more expensive. I am of course a little biased since I contributed to Dolf's research :rolleyes:
The OPs book is more the shop manual on the Browning Series - not really a story book, it is a "detailed dis assembly and re-assembly" of the gun book. Lots of good information . It is pretty much the original RIA shop manual. If you are going to take the gun apart, this is a great resource.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts