1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed a transit case for my M2HB, wanted to fit the tripod, extra barrel, t&e and reciever box in it, plus my assorted tools. After much research I found these guys:
http://www.casesandmore.com/
and SKB cases. Casesandmore has great prices with free shipping, which no one else touches. Now I wait, get some sheet foam and start cutting. This will make a cozy bed for Ma'.

No, i don't work for them or have any stake, you try to find a case for an M2HB at a resonable price and you will know why I am so thrilled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
good supply of foam

just thought i would add that most of those boring fabric stores carry a decent supply of foam in various sizes and thicknesses. build the insert in stages to fit the ma.
start with one full layer on the bottom and top of the case, use a sharpie to mark the pattern on the two thicker inner layers--stay a little undersize on the tracing to avoid a loose fit.
the best way to cut the foam is to use a bandsaw--it makes a smooth cut.
3m headliner adhesive from the auto parts store works great to adhere the full uncut sheets to the patterned sheets.
remember, it is important to cut the foam smaller than ol' ma sho she dosen't shift around in transit.
if you really want to go overboard, you can line the trimmed area by gluing flannel to it with the same adhesive. after this you can lightly spray the flannel with a moisture retardant such as 3-36 to keep corrosion from being a problem.
i have used this method in the past and saved a ton of money--before you know it, you will be taking orders at knob creek.

just a note, be sure to get the most dense or rigid foam that you can find.

bernie --- delmiltrucks

·
Registered
259 Posts
We sell the same Hardigg cases that the military is currently buying. Go with high density polyethylene foam. It is not affected by most oils,and solvents. Take a look how the Hardigg cases are built. They use different densities ,and "hard plates" of solid polyethylene to keep the gun from crushing the interior. Have you thought about wheels? That case is going to weigh a ton with all of that packed into it. Our cases with just the receiver and 2 barrels takes 2 guys to carry, now toss in the tripod :eek:
Their sites are www.hardigg.com,and www.militarycases.com
Ours is www.longmountain.com. We also sell a case that we had them make for the 1919,and accessories.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I wanted one of the Hardigg M2 cases years ago but couldn't find a place for an individual to order one. I think the prices that I did see were higher too. One more thing to start saving $ for and to start digging around in the shop (to see what I bought in the past that I just had to have but is still just sitting there) that I can post here to sell!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The case does have integrated wheels. Rated to 250lbs load. I had seen the M2 cases offered on the militarycases.com site and decided I would get one of these and 400rds of ammo instead :)
Really, it's already an expensive hobby!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts