1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing too provocative to report here. I had an informal request for a picture of an orange still on a tree. So decided to take my camera with me while I ran a few errands "in town" lol. This is a small little grove about a mile or so from the house. These particular oranges are not quite ripe, but you get the idea. It's a blustery 79 degrees right now with a light 15mph wind and 62% humidity.
Also tossed in one of our famous "Scrub Oaks" covered in Spanish moss.

12.05.15_001.JPG 12.05.15_002.JPG 12.05.15_003.JPG 12.05.15_004.JPG 12.05.15_005.JPG 12.05.15_006.JPG 12.05.15_007.JPG 12.05.15_008.JPG 12.05.15_009.JPG 12.05.15_010.JPG

.........and if it looks like this again this evening, I just may go sit in the back yard and "drown some minnows" tonight.

11008516_10153494740808938_3409707649428680435_n.jpg

Enjoy, Matt

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Matt, sure looks nice and especially the boat in the evening sun.
I will be down in Florida later this month so please keep the nice weather there for me.:)
CaptMax

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks Matt, I've never seen oranges on a tree so it's a first for me!

Maybe I should send you some snow when it arrives! :rofl::rofl:
I wouldn't miss it if I send you a few pounds.

Steamer:eek:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Matt, I've never seen oranges on a tree so it's a first for me!

Maybe I should send you some snow when it arrives! :rofl::rofl:
I wouldn't miss it if I send you a few pounds.

Steamer:eek:
No problem Steamer. I grew up in the Maryland/DC area so you can keep the white stuff! :rofl:

Matt

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Beautiful shots. Is Photography an avocation or vocation for you? Roadside orange pickin is treated just about as seriously in Florida as cattle rustlin is in Texas. Yet one can go to a roadside orange stand and drink as much orange juice (in little cups) as one wants for free. In what part of Florida are you? I'm most familiar with the East Coast, Merritt Island & Spaceport toward Palm Beach.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful shots. Is Photography an avocation or vocation for you? Roadside orange pickin is treated just about as seriously in Florida as cattle rustlin is in Texas. Yet one can go to a roadside orange stand and drink as much orange juice (in little cups) as one wants for free. In what part of Florida are you? I'm most familiar with the East Coast, Merritt Island & Spaceport toward Palm Beach.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
Central Florida, a little town called Polk City. Half way between Tampa and Orlando, on the I-4 corridor. I'm a painter by trade, just like to get the best shots I can with a camera. lol Yeah, you don't want to mess with just stopping and picking. lol It's not really an issue unless your grove is near a tourist trap. So many orange trees down here, you can't get rid of the citrus (I have 2 trees myself). Used to ship citrus up north to relatives every year, but they stopped that when the "citrus canker" became a problem. Now you're supposed to buy and ship citrus from an "authorized agent". I'm good with it though, I've seen acre upon acre of groves burned because of the tree disease.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts