1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a guy walk up and ask about these tubes he had. They don’t rattle when shaken. The one end has a crimped cap that didn’t seem removable. The other end had a plastic type insert that had a slot. It didn’t appear to turn.

They were about a foot long and didn’t have any markings. They may or may not be military. The owner wouldn’t open one and I can’t get more info from him.

Anyone seen these type of tubes before?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Surplus detonators used by Claus Von Stauffenberg in the Wolf's Lair Bombing? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
They look a home made speed loader for .22LR tube fed rifle. I have seen several that the "old timers" used to load their tube fed .22LR rifles. But again they could be 234 space modulators. LOL!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really needed the guy to open them but he refused. They didn’t rattle and the end caps wouldn’t pull off with hand pressure.

This might remain a mystery.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
No , someone here will know . I ran into these decades ago and once knew what they were . All those bouts with 107 degree infections have wiped them from my memory .
Chris

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
They look like the old speed loaders used at carnivals for the full auto BB guns and you got one of these a ticket to shoot the star out of a target.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s really interesting that someone has seen these before. Thanks for a little info Chris and good luck with your recovery!

I’m pretty sure the carnival game projectile diameter was much smaller. Didn’t they use small shotgun shot as projectiles? What a fun game that was even though it was almost impossible to win.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
The ones we grew up with used regular BB's I am not sure about other set ups.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The carnival guns use hard #2 shot (I have one) The loading tubes are longer and thinner than what is shown (though who knows what someone would homebrew). I would guess 22 speedloaders for tube magazines

1 - 12 of 12 Posts