1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is a pertinent topic (and pics) for me as we will be looking to build in a couple years and have been wondering about wall covering choices myself for the booger bunker. MG08 thanks for the pic of your slat wall as it shows that it will hold the weight of my types of weapons as well. :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I use three hooks on the really heavy Mgs on the wall, but I tested the "pull out" weight of the slat wall on a scrap piece and found the hangers will bend before breaking out of the slats. You can find new hangers all over, but I found a used office/sales stuff place in the big city that had used hangers really cheap- and I bought them by the carton... they come in different lengths too, so you need to sort of think about what and how you want to hang stuff.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow. Fantastic replies, thanks. I seem to have hit on something we all drool over. And those are some amazing walls. I'll shoot for the slat style, as I like the idea of the backside having an extra layer of steel.

It’s called (wall control) it comes in different colors. It’s steel. I chose galvanized because it reflects light and I like the way it looks.
Amazon sells it. It attaches to studs 12” or 16” on center. It has its own hook system and uses pegboard type also. It hold a tremendous amount of weight.

/QUOTE]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also very interested in what people use for an ammo storage cage/cabinet. I'm a bit obsessive and don't want it all over the place, rather it in a nice ammo locker. In my minds eye I see something like this: But it's kinda pricey. I mean, I can buy a rifle safe for $499...
Thoughts?

·
11,291 Posts
Just put this racking up a couple weeks ago. Now to load it up.
Used pallet racking can be had relatively cheaply.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
If that pricy cage is gonna hold all your ammo , then you don't need a gun wall...LOL......BTW ...Rory likes to put his racking systems up on the ceiling , so he can say he has ammo stacked to the ceilings ... 🤣 😝

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Just kidding ya!....I live in the middle of Columbus , Ohio ...In a 2 bedroom Cape Cod .....So , a gun wall is not in option for me...One day I will get to display my collection in a panoramic view , but until then I have to ( Id ) a gun by touch threw a gun sock, stacked like wood in the safes....Gotten pretty good at it. 😎

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just an update on my pallet gun wall. I didn't have a way to hang up my pistols as the hooks I use were too big. I was gifted one of those gun magnets that people use to stick a gun under a desk or nightstand or whatever. I screwed it to the wall and stuck my suppressed Glock to it. Perfect solution as it displays the gun perfectly and I don't have to worry about fitting it in a holster/sleeve or whatever. Got a 4 pack of the magnets off ebay to try out and will order more. Just thought I'd share to give some ideas. I can also stick a pistol to the magnet in any orientation, vertical/horizontal/angled/or even with the top of the slide against the wall

21 - 38 of 38 Posts