1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I will throw in here. Inside a concrete wall I framed out with 2x2 studs mounted 16” o.c. on walls that had electrical conduit switches or outlets. the 2x2’s are screwed into concrete wall with blue tap cons. Then I used 3/4” plywood mounted to the screwed 2x2 studs With Sheetrock screws. On walls without studs I screwed the plywood straight into the concrete walls. Plywood comes in many finishes from high quality oak, Mohagony, walnut, birch, maple, finish to normal plywood used in building construction. It could be painted or stained. What i did was come up 3.5 feet with an oak wainscoat, finished in gunstock stain and a high gloss varnish. I have a small trim piece between that and the rest of the plywood wall. I had covered the remainder of the wall with thin cork up to the ceiling. To this I attach custom brackets I make out of steel and wood to hold the various light and heavy mgs. I’ve broken up the monatamy with an trimmed area of slatwall. It will screw with the tap cons to your concrete directly. I’ve also another trimmed area that on top of the plywood I’ve covered with burlap Instead of cork. This area is were my snipers are. They are mounted using long Sheetrock screws covered with rubber tubing. The bennifit of burlap is when you change up the display, you see no holes in the wood. The cork hides holes too FYI.
ideas about safety, nothing beats poured concrete. If you use cinderblocks fill them full of concrete and rebar. If you must rely on wood framing use 2 pieces of Sheetrock with two pieces of wire mesh in between on both sides of your studs. Damn near need a demo saw to get through that much mesh wire And its pretty fireproof too. IMHO the best way to hide is via a fake wall, bookcase.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts