1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was watching some news tonight they kept showing fence cops packing weapons,I could swear I saw an M-1 carbine, and a couple Ruger mini 14 or mini 30, and of course all kinds of sub guns, a very few H&Ks but mostly strange looking things I couldn't identify, don't these guys have a standard hardware selection,it looked they drug out any old thing they could arm them with,it's no wonder they get the asses handed to them so often!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I understand that the French police use a locally produced FA version of the Mini 14 to replace M1 carbines. The French seem to believe the Ruger as less offensive to the public than a military rifle.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guns

Is there another carbine out there with the sling slot in the stock? Or are they still packing our left over Carbines?

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Possible, since Bill Ruger himself was a flagrant gun banner and would not sell AC-556's to the public before 86 and won't factory support them now. He was a gun banning NRA fudd loving elitist member right to the end. I wonder if the French give their guys bullets or just post soldiers as guards with no ammo like we did after 9/11 at all the airports? After all who you gonna trust with a gun to ID terrorists at the airport, a manic depressive trans-gender cross dressing TSA agent X-raying your junk for amusement, or a special forces guy coming back from a 12 month tour?

Not to worry, we are using the same screening process today as we did for the Tsarnaev brothers a couple years back. And that's on the ones that come in the front door announced. What could possibly go wrong? We are told we have technology that can detect a real time fresh warm mouse turd under a bush in the dark from a satellite, but we can't see 10 million illegals landscaping during the day across the street from the metro police station?
Golly - I could not have worded any of that any better. Well done!

The manic depressive trans-gender part brought an instant chuckle - thanks!!:D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
The quote in the above post is somewhat misleading. Ruger supported me and my damaged AC556 just fine. Now this was a few years ago, but I did get factory support. As a matter of fact, my AC556 had a damaged receiver that could not be repaired. Ruger said it had a casting flaw and they sent me a NIB, fully transferrable AC556 as a replacement. Who could ask for anything more? I've never heard of Colt doing this.

I know of no other NIB AC556 that was not originally sent to a LE agency. Ruger even included a gun lock in the factory box. Now that's funny.

(please notice the little "fun" shifter)

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I know this has come up before because i vaguely remember the discussion. How did Ruger handle the transfer of the new receiver? I know there was some trouble with another manufacturer replacing receivers with new , read post 86, and just stamping the original serial # on the new receivers that resulted in a couple of guys losing m-16s.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I know this has come up before because i vaguely remember the discussion. How did Ruger handle the transfer of the new receiver? I know there was some trouble with another manufacturer replacing receivers with new , read post 86, and just stamping the original serial # on the new receivers that resulted in a couple of guys losing m-16s.
I sent them my original damaged weapon and after a couple months a new weapon showed up at my door. They even sent me a pre-paid box to send my damaged weapon, with a copy of my Form 4, to them. It was a new gun with new serial number. Transferred back to me on a Form 4. Serial number traces to 1985. I had no cost whatsoever for a NIB weapon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts