1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$100 a cansiter of 22
40mm Czech white illuminating hand held rocket parachute flares.
Travel 1000 ft. high, burn bright white for 45 seconds.
22 flares per sealed metal coffee can type container.
To launch un-screw cap at bottom pull cord, make sure you have a firm grip and point up in safe area. Emergency use only not a toy, extreme fire hazard, not for children,Late 1970?s mfg.Ship (1.4 G ) Fed Ex Haz Mat.
Payment methods money order, personal/business checks, Visa/Master Card, Paypal.Add $25.00 for Haz Mat and shipping.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Saw these at a show and was going to pick a few up. They look like fun, just don't know where to shoot them off w/o starting something on fire.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,344 Posts
DrSmeller
not a problem they burn out long before they hit the ground uasually at over 500 Ft they are illumination parachute flares and hit 2000 - 2500 ft very nice i have a bunch of them

·
Registered
155 Posts
Flares

How many canisters of these do you have?? I am very interested. Thanks

Todd

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Want some!!! Where are you located -- I guess there's a hazmat fee for shipping? PLEASE e-mail me directly with fees and location, phone #, etc. Thanks.

CARRY on!

Gary

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am interested as well, email me your info, thanks

Robo

·
Registered
106 Posts
Too busy to answer?

I'll cut down on your work load and get them somewhere else. Jim

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ammunitionstore.com has these an several other types of flares/signals. The 22 for $100 is the same deal they have.

Good luck and don't burn down the neighbors house! Those things are 36 years old. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
...I've got some parachute flairs and have given considerable thought on where to shoot them. Not in the summer: too dry. The promise that they will burn out and not drop flaming debris is only implicit. Starting a fire with a flare fired for fun comes under the arson laws. So that leaves winter use, over snow or water, at night so the effects are visible. And that's the problem. Everybody and his aunt are going to see it, even in remote areas, especially at night. And since everyone has a cellphone, it's going to be called in as an airplane down, or some other emergency since that's what these flares were meant for, or for war. And the whole western world will ride over to find the fellow who shot it. Perhaps not a violation of law, that would depend on the State/County/City. But after expending boucoup moola on response, somebody is going to pay for it. And I can't figure out why that somebody wouldn't be me. So...I haven't fired any of mine. Anybody solved this problem ?:confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
usage

I only use them at WWII re-enactments. That way we are covered under the insurance and if they did happen to not burn out all the way, there are planty of people that would run over to water them out. Other than that, there arent a ton of safe places to play with 'em.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Use em on the 4th of july!

·
Registered
2 Posts
duds

bought a sealed can of 22 of these flares, so far I have fired 3 and will do the forth one tomorrow all have been duds( they do not work) If the forth one does not light I will be pissed at throwing 125.00 down the drane. The parachute does not even open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update

shot off the 4th flare at 3pm today to see if the parachute opened up and it did but these flares DO NOT ILLUMINATE they are duds. If anyone buyes these flares make sure the seller will give you your money back if they do not work. Wish I would have done that, just pissed away 125.00 O=well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry to hear that Kman. I'm glad you posted though, I was gonna order a canister. I'm glad I waited.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts