1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 4th! Family, food, friends, firearms and a holiday!
Thanks to our past and current vets.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yep, seconds on the thanks to all who have stood up for this nation.

I celebrated today by ripping off a 400 round belt of blanks in the driveway. Hey, it was too hot to go all the way to the range. So I'm a wuss. Sue me. ;)

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...yawning....

After all the food,family and catching up....I and the wife were too tired to go see the fireworks. You know you are getting older when 9:30 is past your bedtime....LOL....

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Thanks to all who served our country! I did the usual parade with the boys and Thanks to Jeff P. at Iron creations this year was a blast literally, one of the guys I drive was a 30 gunner in the Korean war and the only guy we know of to use dual twin 30 set ups in combat so this year with the help of Jeff and another board member we pimped the Browning to fire full auto on propane and oxygen. The crowd loved it and the kids went nuts so it was a big hit and even the local LEO's thought it was cool as heck which was a relief considering our current climate on guns in general. I know there are a number of gas guns out there but this is a prototype set up that slips into a real Browning after removing the internals so you get the best of both worlds and it is a real quick conversion. I will try and load a short video and some pictures and hope they work lol. Russ
http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20150704/NEWS/150709845
Well I have tried but can't figure out how to do this on my new laptop and it irritates me as I could easily post pictures before but I guess I need a kid to help me know lol. Anyways there is the link to the local paper and if you look at the pictures attached to it you will see us in the jeep, they were nice enough to put us on the front page of the paper here today which was very nice for the vets and Ralph considering the size of the parade and all the vehicle involved. Next year we are rolling on Washington DC for the 4th so anyone that would like to join us let me know. Russ

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice. Brought my b.a.r. out to a parade here (lighter than 1919a4 for the 5 mile uphill parade).

Used to have the tanks stop half way and a skirmish would break out between German reenactors and ourselves, but that stopped 4 or so years ago when the German pak38 exploded.

One of the trucks carrying the chaffee, Stuart, m4a2, and m18 hell cat broke down enroute to parade aparently so they were missed this year.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I managed to get home from a business trip late in the afternoon, just before the bedlam began.

We managed to get the burgers and brats grilled and scarfed away - as well as a few beers. Then, with Old Glory and the Culpepper flag as a back drop, me and the kids ripped off a little over a gross of bottle rockets. These were left-overs from I.D.'s past, spent in Alabama. We couldn't get close to any of the fireworks stands around here - there were traffic jams blocking access to most of them.

This is the first year in decades in which Class 2 (?) fireworks were available in Georgia, and the ban wasn't lifted until July first. There has been a buying frenzy the last several days. We were soooo out gunned. It started a little after 8:00 pm, and there was a constant roar until about 10:30. I'm talking big, aerial stuff. We just stood on the dock and watched it going off all around us. This was all private stock, not organized shows - it was non stop at the camp ground across the river. Completely forgot I'd been up for 23 straight hours, we just hooped and hollered. God bless Uh-merika!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Matt that is a great parade I wish we could get more of a turn out from the MV crowd here, thanks for posting the pictures. We have great turn out and it was about an hour and 20 minutes long but very few vehicles that are old, green and stinky that we love so much. Russ

·
Registered
350 Posts
Matt that is a great parade I wish we could get more of a turn out from the MV crowd here, thanks for posting the pictures. We have great turn out and it was about an hour and 20 minutes long but very few vehicles that are old, green and stinky that we love so much. Russ
Yeah is usually the parade with most militarily vehicles that I've ever seen. Usually tanks are blasting their main gunsdown mainstreet. After we went by, wife stopped taking pics. There were a ton of Korean war jeeps, ambulances, deuce and a half's coming behind us, and some six wheel British armored vehicle (smaller than a u.s. striker.)

Usually amazed by the mechanized ex military vehicles people have, and at times envious as I missed the boat almost 2 decades ago to get neat stuff when was still relatively cheap compared to today.

Next month in fall River, the uss Massachusetts will be hosting it's final reunion of its 8(?) surviving wwii crew members. Supposed to be a huge military parade for it ect, so am curious to see the hardware that comes out.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Yeah is usually the parade with most militarily vehicles that I've ever seen. Usually tanks are blasting their main gunsdown mainstreet. After we went by, wife stopped taking pics. There were a ton of Korean war jeeps, ambulances, deuce and a half's coming behind us, and some six wheel British armored vehicle (smaller than a u.s. striker.)

Usually amazed by the mechanized ex military vehicles people have, and at times envious as I missed the boat almost 2 decades ago to get neat stuff when was still relatively cheap compared to today.

Next month in fall River, the uss Massachusetts will be hosting it's final reunion of its 8(?) surviving wwii crew members. Supposed to be a huge military parade for it ect, so am curious to see the hardware that comes out.
That is awesome Matt make sure you post pictures on the board for us I know I will enjoy them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts