1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope everyone has a great Independence day today and may you all stay safe in your travels. Thanks to all the men and women who gave us our freedoms in this great country! Take some time to thank a vet today and say a prayer for all those whom made the ultimate sacrifice for us. I am off to the parade and we will be firing up the Browning to show our thanks and once again the only people in front of us in the parade are politicians which just makes it that much more enjoyable :cool: God Bless and stay safe

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...salute...!!

A very smart SALUTE to those who have worn the uniform. And a hearty thanks to all the other Patriots who frequent this site. May everyone be blessed with a safe and enjoyable 4th. It is an honor to be associated with the many fine folks I know here.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Forty Seven Percent !

The NHTSA says the 4th of July is the one day of the year with the highest percentage of traffic accidents involving alcohol -- 47% !!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! Or just stay home and set off explosives. It's safer. :headshot: :rockets:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Let Freedom Ring!!!!*

*Except in California, of course. Or in N.Y., N.J., CT or MD. Or IL, with WA and OR losing it too. And maybe a few other places, like D.C. for example.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...good advice...followed..

Yep...stayed home and painted 1917 carts all day. Then went to daughter's home...across the road about a 1/4 mile away...had a nice sit-down dinner and watched fireworks with grand kids and great-grand kids. Still like the 'booms' and bright lights...LOL...

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we did the parade, the crowd loves us as usual, it was a perfect day and this year I took it up a notch with a loud speaker and had a 5 military branch songs and John Phillip Sousa's Stars and Stripes playing loud and clear. The Mayor was right in front of us and everyone had a great time and cheered, applauded and saluted every time we lit the Browning up but we got a less than favorable review from the liberal reporter covering the parade. She made us sound like bad guys and inconsiderate of vets lol the two guys I drive are the head of the DAV and the guy that fought to keep our VA hospital open! You have to love the media :rolleyes: maybe someday they will get their facts straight but I am not holding my breath and it is not worth my time but she is getting some back lash from more than a few of our followers. All we can do is try at the end of the day and not let people like that get to us.

·
Registered
966 Posts
What town were you in for the parade?

That reporter is silly. A lot of vets know the sound of gunfire and can tell bullets from blanks/gas.

Many can also tell the difference between 'us' and 'them' gunfire too. I hope the reporter learns to connect the dots between the vets, what the fourth of July represents, and the contribution gunfire has made to her comfort and ability to say dumb things w/o getting tossed into the clink w/o due process. It'd be fun to set up a 'go fund me' account to buy her a one way ticket to attend a parade in North Korea. Feel free to either post or PM me a link to the article so I can dogpile.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Canandaigua, NY but the guy I drive Ralph whom is a Korean war hero and vet (very cool story, he is in Dolf's vol. 5) already got a hold of her and let her have it! The reporter showed up at his house within an hour once she found out who he is and fully apologized about the article. She is retracting it and writing a new article and putting it on facebook and other venues as a means to reverse any damage caused. The sad part is nobody complained to the best of my knowledge and the crowd went nuts with cheers every time we lit the Browning up. I always inform the police at line up and make sure they inform all the officers working the parade to ensure they know what we are doing just in case anybody get nervous because we all know things are not the same anymore. I am still going to write her and give her my side of the story but figured it was best to calm down for a few days because I can get a touch too passionate about certain things and have been known to be a bit abrasive.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...you...?

Just had to follow up with this. Russ is a complete gentleman. Always respectful,listens carefully before giving his considered opinion...and respects us older folks....LOL. I could not let that one go...LOL....press on,Russ....job well done...!!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you know me Len I don't give up easy lol somebody has to fight for our rights and the rights of our men and women whom served this country or they will all vanish.
I have been in the fight for a while and have no plans of backing off or going away and I do love this state even though they betrayed me because we do have a rich heritage and are deeply patriotic despite what people think of NY. We have some serious history here I just wish more would voice their opinion in a positive light. At least my buddy Richard got recognized for his time served, here are couple news clips for those who care. I sent a few of his books out to board members here and it is such a cool story that shows the compassion of what our guys did during WWII I am both honored and proud to call him my friend.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2014/12/24/american-saint-nicholas/20854269/
http://honorflightrochester.org/news/
http://snewsi.com/Rochester+New+York/tag/Richard+Brookins'+Pittsford

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Russ

Thanks for sharing that great story.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Russ, I appreciate you taking the high road on this one. I have lots of family in the Rochester region and one day hope to shake your hand. I hope your friend was successful in tuning the reporter's perspective back from the contemporary bang-shoot-aim approach to a more professional & responsible ready-aim-fire strategy.

It was nice to read that the reporter retracted the story and didn't attempt to justify bad behavior or bad decisions. I hope their copy editor follows suit in making things right.

Keep up the good work.

B-D

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Russ, I appreciate you taking the high road on this one. I have lots of family in the Rochester region and one day hope to shake your hand. I hope your friend was successful in tuning the reporter's perspective back from the contemporary bang-shoot-aim approach to a more professional & responsible ready-aim-fire strategy.

It was nice to read that the reporter retracted the story and didn't attempt to justify bad behavior or bad decisions. I hope their copy editor follows suit in making things right.

Keep up the good work.

B-D
Thanks BD she did write me back late last night but by the posts on here facebook page it seems the ones that posted were one her side and not ours. Looks like we are at the end of an era guys and we are all becoming bad guys. It is a darn shame the attitude people have today. She is doing another story on Saturday so I will wait to see how that turns out but don't have high hopes. I do hope we get to meet someday BD. Russ

·
Registered
966 Posts
A grain of sand in the positive direction is still a grain of sand on the scales. A yard of sand is heavy and will tip many a scale (or a wheelbarrow if you're less fortunate). Keep up the good work. Open up her perspective and maybe her followers will begin to follow suit.

I catch up with you one way or another, I'm sure.

B-D

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the new article came out today and although we made the front page it was not what I expected. The worse part is the Mayor whom requested us, the jeep and the Browning be there and called my buddy Ralph to confirm our presence no less than 6 times all of a sudden got selective amnesia :rolleyes: Lied her butt of saying she did not know who it was as she was much farther ahead of us? She was right in front of us and they showed the footage on local TV both yesterday and today showing it! I should have seen that one coming and hope she never teams up with Hillary but at least the local LEO confirmed our story and went on to say they never had one complaint about us. Looks like just a few people will be dictating the rights of many in the future as always.
http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20160710/independence-day-celebration-of-freedom-and-flashbacks/?Start=1

·
Registered
695 Posts
Boy I'm sorry this happened Russ, Makes me sad to see this happen. Even the Mayor.....
You were there as veterans, to support veterans, and respectfully showed up in full gear to the parade when asked to be there. What more do they want?
Will the younger generation have to wait for all out war to see a jeep with a gun making a little noise? Who will they complain to then?

Please continue to go to these parades and show off your pride to be a veteran and the tools you used. I believe more people were glad to see you and the group in Fourth of July parade than not.

That Sir is one nice display you guys had there. :thanks:

Steamer

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the support steamer and Len this one is for you brother :tongue: I just called that liar of a mayor out! I decided to call her out rather than Ralph because he lives there and this week has already taken its toll on him. I will deal with the fall out on my own but I always call a spade a spade and whether or not people like it I also say what I mean and mean what I say so she can kiss my skinny little Italian ___! We have to stand up against the few otherwise all of our rights that we fought for will vanish and the sacrifices so many have made will be for nothing.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
We have to stand up against the few otherwise all of our rights that we fought for will vanish and the sacrifices so many have made will be for nothing.
Righteously spoken brother!!:handclap:
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...keep at 'em...!!

WTG,Russ....!! Many other folks would have given in to 'political-correctness' at that juncture. Stay on course and never,ever give up. Freedom is fought with the pen and actions waaay before we have to use other means to preserve it. As was said many years ago...."we have the soap box,the jury box and the ballot box. There is,however,one last option...the cartridge box". I pray to God we do not have to go that route.

As I have been saying to folks the last couple of months,...."Elect Trump...or prepare for a civil war". Our options are not much clearer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts