1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yes I have, they are going to continue to climb. If I remember right I paid $400 for my first kit. Good investments indeed.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I think the upward pressure on prices will eventually push prices up there. As of yet, there are still kits going for $1200 and below, and it's taken a while just for people to finally accept paying the 12, but it is happening more and more, from what I can see. I think the Sarco retail will take a while for most, but it will get there in time. But some will pay that because they know of no other place to go.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I paid $1100 for my 1919, and shoulda coulda bought another when they were under a grand.

I still think $1200 for a kit is OK. Look what you wind up with when you're done- not just another CETME or M1A or AR15.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I paid 1000 bucks for my RAPID FIRE 1919 semi. that included the Israeli A6 accessories, MG42 AA tripod, 2- 250 round cloth belts and a manual.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I purchased a USGI parts kit with mostly NOS or near new parts back in 1984? for a mere $200 and then sat on it for 25 years before I finally got it built!

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
695 Posts
If the prices continue to climb as most think they will, I will be forced to make more of my own parts. I have made 7-8 different type parts already and may try making them all in the future for a complete build. I like to make parts.

Steamer:)

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
All new 1919 parts...

Might also check with Jeff at IronCreations. He has made every part for the 1917 and 1919 guns,and is thinking about making complete parts kits for both. He has made parts for several site members also.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Yes Jeff is one of the handful of guys who still takes pride in his work.
It shows in his work and business ethics.
I highly recommend Iron Creations and Jeff Prater.
CaptMax

·
12,493 Posts
Many of the large outfits set the price on items.

Seems like Reuben sets the price on transferable MP5s and M16s. he adjusts his prices and others follow suit.

Sarco has been setting the price for 1919 kits for a few years now. they might be the only game in town with any real inventory.

kits from individuals will likely never be cheaper. They might have the mfg marks you want or maybe in a better condition but those are just the reasons to convince someone to buy from them instead of sarco.

I am down to one kit i think. all of the rest are built guns. when are the prices for the 1919s going to reach $3000? twice kit price seem like a fair number for a built gun.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Aahhhh - the "good old days". I still have some the US kits we bought in the medieval times when you could get 10 kits at $250 shipped ea. Just like everybody else, Wish I had bought a hundred. Have plenty of Post guns, so at some point I guess I will sell them . just not now. So with parts kits prices climbing, how come the semi guns dont sell for more ? Maybe there should be a pinned thread on who makes which new parts ?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
So with parts kits prices climbing, how come the semi guns dont sell for more ? Maybe there should be a pinned thread on who makes which new parts ?
Same reason FALs and such are worth more parted out- everybody wants to build their own. Try plastic model kits- the built items are worth nothing compared to the boxed kit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I didn't notice any kits at the Creek, but then I wasn't looking for them - could have easily missed one, but I will always look/inspect if I see them offered.

Just looked on the web and note that OOW does not seem to have any offered and SARCO now shows $1495.00 plus a $20.00 extra "handling" charge in addition to shipping.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/1919a4308partsset.aspx

One review says the kit he received seemed to have been put together from inventory parts and was not a kit from a single gun

Don

·
Registered
695 Posts
I believe most parts are available for the receiver from vendors except trunnions.

I haven't seen them listed yet as new.

Steamer

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
So with parts kits prices climbing, how come the semi guns dont sell for more ?
I think it depends on who built the gun. The low end I've seen, from any normal vendor has been about $2500. Private sales, home builds, there's been some cheaper stuff out there. The old days of Allied Armament builds at $900 are long gone. I am at about $3,000 for a USGI spec build on new receiver parts. But I've been too busy catching up on existing work to build anything new for sale.

That being said, I have a gun- not built by me- that I am putting up for sale soon, probably at about $2k. It was built back in the old welding days, so the gun had most every rivet done by welding, though the bottom plate right side was redone. It's on a very nice kit, but was is not as nicely built as it could have been. But freshly parked, new internals going in, it will be a great shooter for someone. Just have to park a jacket and some small parts and it's ready to go. Izzy 308, SG kit, ORF side plate.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Try not to sprain your digits typing too fast, but I just saw that Doug Oefinger of DLO has an ad in Subguns dot com selling some of his 1919a4 parts kit stash pile. All early and NICE. I think I may have seen saw-cut mentioned.
Eleven hundred-something,,,,

Annnnnd, there OFF!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Try not to sprain your digits typing too fast, but I just saw that Doug Oefinger of DLO has an ad in Subguns dot com selling some of his 1919a4 parts kit stash pile. All early and NICE. I think I may have seen saw-cut mentioned.
Eleven hundred-something,,,,

Annnnnd, there OFF!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
hehehee, I like your style. Never, ever, pass up a chance to stir the pot!! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts