1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to ask all members how the ammo situation is around their area....?

Here in N. IN there is a lack of ammo...except for those charging $35 for a box of 20-9MM. Just had my largest reloading class this year. Seems we are finally get through to the anti-gunners that what happened in Seattle,WA,Chicago,IL,Atlanta,GA and a few other places could happen to them in their area. Notice what happened to the 2-lawyers in St. Louis,MO when rioters broke the gate to their 'gated-community' right in front of their home...MMMM...?

Around here the guns are being bought by the anti-gun liberals...and they cannot find any ammo.

Registered
Just a quick note to ask all members how the ammo situation is around their area....?

Around here the guns are being bought by the anti-gun liberals...and they cannot find any ammo.
I bet there faces are red 馃槨.....I would be more then happy to sell them the ammo they need , to be shunned for protecting there property ....But it's gonna cost them big 馃槇.

Registered
380, 9mm, 40 and 45 is pretty much nonexistent around here. You can find limited amounts of other pistol ammo. Pretty much anything rifle is everywhere.

My family and friends have been stopping by to raid my reload supplies. Good thing I always get carried away when the prices go down.

Steve

Registered
Cabela's shelves are empty here in PA except for odd shotgun ammo even small stores are out ammo, I got guys flipping **** they can't find ammo well who's talking **** now... Buy in bulk when it's plentiful and cheap.
Problem is like always election season on top of all this other crap going on

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Just as I thought...it's not just my imagination either. And just as I started to get folks around here into reloading...the primer situation,especially small pistol...is starting to be difficult to keep in stock. Here also...9MM pistol and .223...are non-existent.

This started back during the toilet paper famine way back in March/April. Well, that鈥檚 when ammo prices all went way up. with all Mfg being limited due to covid restrictions it was bound to get worse. I pointed out to a bunch of friends when aim was selling Tula 223 for $0.15 per round. I should have picked up more than the 25 cases but the rest didn鈥檛 bite.

Nothing like the boom after sandy hook. Those were strange and lucrative times for those who were willing to sell. $70 for bulk packs of 22!

maybe time to start reloading again. I just loathe it. I can鈥檛 stand still for that long. Even got a bullet feeder to help but my brain is not wired for the monotony of the process

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Ditto on the Dillon. Best reloading equipment made. Best customer service and they have revolutionized the industry with their no-nonsense 100% parts replacement-for-free lifetime warranty. The new Dillon 750 is just the older 650 with a 550 primer system and will load 1K per hour of almost all pistol ammo. You'll run out of primers,powder,bullets and cases before you have time to get bored or lose interest. Almost everyone in the competative shooting sports loads on a Dillon.

Premium Member
Ammo in not to be found up by us unless like Len said it is small boxes and top dollar plus. I am glad I bought in bulk a long time ago.

I read a bit about the 750. Sounds like they鈥檙e fixing the main problem that I had with my last 650 (I鈥檝e since replaced with another)

they鈥檙e fully backing of their equipment worked for my first few issues but failed when it was a primer system issue. It was forever trying to push them in off center. Like ever 20-50 rounds. Would cause a huge mess. Started telling me that it wasn鈥檛 a possible problem. Then a couple years later they sent me a tool to fix the problem that couldn鈥檛 exist. Then Itraded it to a friend who was certain it was a user error too. Then he ended up sending the whole thing back to Dillon (theyleaned on it being a user error with me) he convinced them that it was fucking bad. Finally replaced.

I鈥檒l look at a 750 or the 1100 of it can load my ammo faster /easier

Registered
One of my favorite local shops has ammo, but rations the sales to 1 or 2 boxes per customer.
His ammo shelves are stocked, and I was told it is only the most popular of calibers that move quickly.
He had crates of 7.62X54 and 8MM.
The 7.62 finally sold but the Yugo 8MM is still stacked on the floor.
Around here the fact that there have been no gun shows since February may make a difference.
Most of the show ammo sellers I know buy there stock from shops!

Reading elsewhere reloading components are in tight supply also.
If you didn't know there is only 1 powder mill left in the USA now, most of what the firms use to manufacture ammo is brought in from overseas, and right now ALL imports are quite slow.

Richard

Registered
Never had a problem with my 650, I have reloaded thousands of rounds using it both pistol and rifle. Just finished a large batch of .303 on it.

Registered
I hear ammo is in short supply. I don't buy ammmo at gun shops, so no idea there. I reload, and buy bulk ammo when cheap. I have been selling some to friends and relatives, but generally won't sell even at high prices to folks I don't know. In the lst shortage, I made a killing selling to local shops.

Registered
don't notice or even care about any "shortages". learned my lesson 20 years ago after the first "panic", I just knew this won't be the first. so i maintained and kept well stocked ammo any time I saw a good price for it. and if i saw a phenomenal price for it, regardless what I had, I bought it just because

I am well stocked on most things that I like to shoot. 9mm I have enough to load another 20,000 when I get the time to stand there

Registered
I have more of my reloaded ammo and components than I'll ever shoot . Sold most of my factory ammo still in factory boxes to the local gun shop . Factory ammo reboxed into smaller , more compact boxes or in bulk ammo cans to local friends and on this board . I've sold about 100 - 125,000 over the last 3-4 years and about 25,000 left to sell .
Chris

Registered

Here in N. IN there is a lack of ammo...except for those charging $35 for a box of 20-9MM. Just had my largest reloading class this year. Seems we are finally get through to the anti-gunners that what happened in Seattle,WA,Chicago,IL,Atlanta,GA and a few other places could happen to them in their area. Notice what happened to the 2-lawyers in St. Louis,MO when rioters broke the gate to their 'gated-community' right in front of their home...MMMM...?

Pacific Northwest, Yakima area, 200 miles east of Seattle, little to no ammo, 9mm, and 223 gone for two months now. And if you think about reloading well there is a lot of powder on the shelves but NO primers only shotgun and some large rifle primers, no primers online that I can find, Berrys bullets are out of everything. So in closing, if you didn't prepare, well your shoot out of luck, and I don't see it getting better.

i just got my dillon primer filler machine to remove another one of my excuses to not reload

was delivered today.

Premium Member
Pacific Northwest, Yakima area, 200 miles east of Seattle, little to no ammo, 9mm, and 223 gone for two months now. And if you think about reloading well there is a lot of powder on the shelves but NO primers only shotgun and some large rifle primers, no primers online that I can find, Berrys bullets are out of everything. So in closing, if you didn't prepare, well your shoot out of luck, and I don't see it getting better.
Agreed it seems to be the same country wide and with the election this year I suspect things to get worse not better at least for the next year or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts