1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a scam to me...
I've never seen or heard of this company,,and the product they are selling and the way they are selling it looks like a court date with your name on it,,,,

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Hey , it's such a deal ! Save $200 on a stamp and several hundred on a quality suppressor that will last more than 1 shot and months of waiting time and all you are risking is , what , 20 years in the fed pin and $25,000 in fines ? Oh , and lawyer fees , their cheap , loss of house , job , family , right to vote , own guns , a felony record following you everywhere , all adds to the fun and adventure .
Chris

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
People don't belive it (ever ) but in the 35 + years I have been in this game, there is still no cheap, easy and quick way to get an NFA item. Every time people try to find ways around the rules, it just wastes money and time. AND it always ends up making more rules to keep people from doing the stupid thing to start with.

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is more of a credit card scam just to separate you from your money,,, even if it was legal, you would never see the product delivered, but you would see your bank account dry up.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Big discussion on another forum.

If they’re coming from China, Customs is seizing many, and you know what that means.

If they ship from USA it’s an ATF scam trap.

Guys who did get the stamp and finished them report them to be junk for a variety of reasons.

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if it was legit,.. those guts don't look very efficient at all, the guts of those things look like they would melt down and they don't even look like baffles...

I'm starting to see them being sold under other mysterious company names on my FB newsfeed now.. so it's a scam for sure..

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
Well like WC Fields said "there is an a$$ for every saddle" What is surprising is how many idiots will buy one and claim they didn't know better.

Reactions: Old CooT

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have noted quite a few investigations of items being sold on the web have started with ICE.
These included sales of illegal materials, stolen military hardware or arms smuggling.
Apparently ICE has agents who monitor E-Bay, Gunbroker, social media and other places where "stuff" gets advertised for sale.
Last December at the SAR show the NFA-TCA had a guest speaker (Johanna Reeves) who explained how an individual who posted video on FaceBook of himself shooting with a "solvent trap" suppressor started a criminal investigation.
As part of that effort ALL the sales records from companies that make & sell those adapters were subpoenaed.
The gent in question made a plea agreement, BUT now the ATF has all those sales records.
She was just wanting to let the people present at the meeting know that US Gov't agencies are noticing what is going on, and are looking at what you share publicly.

Richard

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure there will be a lot of stupid people wwwho will be disappointed when the ATF come knocking on their door wanting to search their residence looking for a "solvent trap", lolss... The solvent trap has become a online "Booby trap" now

·
11,676 Posts
theres been a guy for years at the ohio area gun shows selling oil filter traps. i won't even walk near that dudes table.

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
We see them at every big gun show and those of us who know better avoid them like the plague but the young guys that don't know better or the idiots that do and buy the crap anyways will always be out there. Besides the ATF needs the job security lol.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I ran across this story today.

It would appear that U.S. Customs, The U.S. Postal Service, DHS/HSI are sharing data with the State Police and investigating the buyers of items seized entering the USA.
My guess this is a result of a data sharing program among the Federal agencies.
On a related note I have read over on the AK Forum that a few of the people (and one web site) who were selling/shipping Russian AK and other weapons parts were just shutdown by Russian authorities.
Apparently at least one person who ran an e-commerce site has been arrested.

This web page has the lists of seized property sorted by Gov't agency.

The Customs list is rather extensive, to include medications seized during shipment.
I noticed "Ketamine" and wondered how much smuggled possibly improperly formulated drugs are in use?

Richard

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Yep. A local bust involved FBI, ICE, and Postal Inspectors.

Stupid question (so call me stupid): if they can bust buyers of solvent traps, can't they bust NAPA?

Second stupid question: are there really solvent traps/ filter frames, etc that are shaped like this? Meaning, are they really dual use? Are there products like that at NAPA or the diesel specialty store online that look anything like this? (in my defense, even my diesel uses a standard looking filter.)

Third stupid question: It's not uncommon I see something, and retask it. In the central section shown in the first post I see a high pressure aquarium stage filter frame/ core that is screw on (so it won't blow water all over the floor while I'm getting ready for a friend's wedding...this is not a what if). Arguably, doesn't there have to be intent?

Fourth stupid question: HF tools suck, my wife's solar powered decorative lights lasted two months, wheel bearings made in China are good for a few thousand miles, Chinese bronze decays in salt water in less than four years, etc. Who is dumb enough to buy something from China that they are going to shoot through?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Answer to question #2...No. All filters have an inlet and an outlet. So a metal canister filter that looks similar to this would have a nipple or a threaded fitting in 2 locations.

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts