1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I am heading to Anniston Alabama for the CMP advanced armorers course. Was wondering if anybody been there before and anything neat to see there or close by ?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The US Army Indiana Jones Warehouse Complex is in Anniston. Its the place where you can order a Rev War Regimental flag and 12 B.A.Rs for your museum. J

·
Registered
303 Posts
that is gun heaven there

its where most all of the goodies go to be stored. I met a guy that was well known Garand collector had every Garand i think made. He said he had a buddy that was an armorer there that had boxes of rare garand parts removed form guns during repair process but no possible way to get them out so he kept them in a locked cabinet to preserve them. I have been told they get box car loads of captured guns there to be checked out and made into US training aids.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its where most all of the goodies go to be stored. I met a guy that was well known Garand collector had every Garand i think made. He said he had a buddy that was an armorer there that had boxes of rare garand parts removed form guns during repair process but no possible way to get them out so he kept them in a locked cabinet to preserve them. I have been told they get box car loads of captured guns there to be checked out and made into US training aids.
Will send PM about this !

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's home of "Capt. Crunch" which is a machine that rips a firearm into a million pieces. The "Capt." has a voracious appetite.
There is a Capt crunch here in Indiana at Crane naval base also. If I ever was president I would personally torch apart all capt crunches !!!!

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
There is a Capt crunch here in Indiana at Crane naval base also. If I ever was president I would personally torch apart all capt crunches !!!!
I got a private tour of Crane back in the 80's. Saw a LOT of stuff and neat things. I liked the 60 ton "TEST" weight for certifying the overhead cranes. Also the complete twin 5" gun turrets and the quad 40mm's stacked 3 high that were in storage.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a private tour of Crane back in the 80's. Saw a LOT of stuff and neat things. I liked the 60 ton "TEST" weight for certifying the overhead cranes. Also the complete twin 5" gun turrets and the quad 40mm's stacked 3 high that were in storage.
Only been on crane once about 20 years ago when they still aloud hunting on the base. I remember seeing bunkers everywhere, hundreds of them. I sooo wanted to explore them to see what was inside of them. Have heard many stories what was inside of them. Have heard many stories about whats on that base also including perfectly good helicopters being flown in and buried in a huge trench and a bunker full of grenades that were so old and crates broken open that they closed it off and buried it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts