1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a 1919a4 parts kit or rebuild. would like to do the work but not sure of what I can find. have wanted one of these for a long time and I guess there's no time like the present. would really like a full auto but no way I can get that without getting a divorce first.

Premium Member
I have a parts kit or built gun depending on what you want just shoot me a PM. Russ

Registered
"...that old thing...? I've had that 1919A4,(M2HB,Vickers,Lewis gun...etc) for a few months now. Want to go shoot it with me...?" After 53-yrs, the only thing my wife does is roll her eyes and ask "where I'm going to put it...?" The barn is MINE...the house is HERS...!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
She did get me a shirt the other day that say " I promise just one more gun" after 15 years she is finally coming around. I also get the eye role and a little head shake.

Premium Member
She did get me a shirt the other day that say " I promise just one more gun" after 15 years she is finally coming around. I also get the eye role and a little head shake.
A useful tip from and older married guy so I hope it helps. When you leave the house carry and empty hard case with you (or two) and when you come back in the house it will be full but she will never know lol Of course my wife finally figured out what I was up to but that only took 30 years and now the fun room is filled 馃榿

Registered
Old timer advised me toys are like puppies, once they are home can't leave.
Welcome to the addiction. Also if you haven't, start planning how you will feed it. Currently 308 seems to be the best option for starting out. 8MM, 30-06, and 762x54R as cheap surplus are gone, unless you find a good deal on a stashed pile. Use caution to avoid the BA virus, no vaccine available, only cure is one more toy.
Those of use that reload have a few more options, mine rarely sees store bought stuff.

Premium Member
Welcome aboard. There are various techniques for belt fed bros to avoid divorce, some have already been mentioned here. You鈥檇 be amazed how often I am asked to ship materials to business addresses. One member here managed to hide a Ferret armored car from his wife for many months. If he can pull that off, surely you can manage to sneak in a measly, crew served machine gun. MSG

Registered
Welcome, I too am guilty of most of those ways around it! Fun and addicting hobby glad my family enjoys it as well or it could be a problem:rolleyes:

Registered
A useful tip from and older married guy so I hope it helps. When you leave the house carry and empty hard case with you (or two) and when you come back in the house it will be full but she will never know lol Of course my wife finally figured out what I was up to but that only took 30 years and now the fun room is filled 馃榿
Or, just collect virtually identical guns. That way it鈥檚 always the 鈥渟ame gun鈥 going back and forth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts