1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the world of building belt fed guns but have done other builds in the past. I recently acquired a 1919a4 kit that i had been tryin to get for the last few year and now have a new project on my hands. So far this site has ben a wealth of much needed knowledge.

Scott

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Welcome to the best beltfed site on the web and may I suggest you hold on to your wallet because they can be a bit addicting. Best group of guys on the web here and someone is always willing to help so enjoy the board.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Greetings! So which region of the state are you in? Vikings, Packers, or Bears? I'm in the part where the ice is 24" thick now. And I use a hand auger for ice fishing, my sidekick and I got our picture in the paper for that. My only claim to fame, soo fleeting....😂
Avoid some of the infectious disease members focused on BA. A Dremel tool eliminates those pesky stamps. 🤔😳🙄
You will be able to contact members individually after making a number of posts(20?).
Never be reluctant to ask questions, many of the people are extremely knowledgeable. The other aspect is wanting you to be safe as you venture into 1919's.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Welcome abroad, You will find all the info and more hear on this board to help you spend your money. From rivets to jigs Semi side plates, To the history of any part for the 1919 you can find. To a walk threw on you semi build, To side plate engravings . You name it , You will find it hear with a bunch of guy's that know there S!%*t. I'm not one of them so dont ask. And some time even get to talk with some of the legends in our hobby. Keep it Civil and Honest and Legal .Welcome. And buy it now not tomorrow. Tomorrow i want more!!!!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome - fellow Wisconsinite here also. It's what we do during the winter - build stuff. Only have one 1919 beltfed built myself but a lot of subguns so far. Some nice people on here. Take care.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome! :giggle:

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Also a Wisconsin resident, but I wander from my home in SE WI all the way up to NC WI near Medford/Thorpe areas. Do a lot of hunting and shooting up there on some personal private hunting land, and definitely mowed a few tree stumps down with belt fed guns. Almost any question you have will probably get answered pretty accurately from the knowledgeable folks here. Welcome to the cult.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That probably places you in my neighborhood. Have you started looking for an RSP to start your build? Several good sources are available here, Brass Cartridge offers his excellent plates, KMP is very popular, and are you looking for a finished plate? I may be able to suggest an FFL dealer if you need one. Or you can finish your own from the current 70% type. You will also need the internals machined, along with a KMP seer and trigger. Guessing you are going with 308, you will also need links. Make a new post with the items you want to buy.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I should have included you need a rivet set. Search for MSG and get the best choice at a very reasonable price from him shipped quickly. Getting those in your hands allows you to start mock assembly of the receiver box as well.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have all the parts here or ordered and am currently looking for someone to machine the internals. I am looking forward to the build the only parts im not confident with are the machining and the refinishing. I have done bluing but have never attempted Parkerizing.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Search for 30calmachinegunner or John McQuire(spelling?) as two that are able. Other members please add suggestions. Parkerizing is much easier than blueing.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I used Greaser here on the forum to machine a bolt for me. Fast turn around and very reasonable.

His website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts