1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got my 1919A4 pretty well finished except for parkerizing and building an AA tripod so I am considering my next project. I have available to me a partial kit of parts for a relative of the 1919. I’m really not sure what it is, interior group is a little narrower than the 1919, the bolt is ambidextrous can feed from either side, cocking handle can be on either side etc., it is in 303 Brit. . I am enclosing a couple pics that I think you guys will be able to identify the gun by, I think it may be like what was on a Spitfire aero plane?, so is it a anm2 ? I’m thinking it should have BSA on it some where ? What the heck is it ? Thank you for all replies, Jon P.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Yes British ANM2, you answered your own question. If you want to make a small fortune on the booster look up starwars Hans solo blaster on ebay and you might be surprised at what they sell for. IIRC the last one went for over 1500.00!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,034 Posts
Toolman is correct. That little finned bearing/booster is highly sought by certain Star Wars fans, because a prop from the first movie (1977) was constructed all of existing parts from an odd mix of things, including that British barrel bearing. There are those seeking to build a copy using all the same, original parts, with nothing reproduction. They can sell for silly money. Just to clarify, it is used for the Obi-Wan Kenobi light saber.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for the come back, kinda what I thought only didn’t know the booster was in demand, the kit is only partial, missing the barrel shroud, both side plates, the trunion and the bottom plate. I really want a M2 or M3 semi , so I may sell these parts or trade for something I can use, the anm2 just doesn’t excite me ! Now a 50 BMG I can get excited about. Going to have to ponder the situation for a while thanks again toolmanm203 and lucky#13. Jon P.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,034 Posts
If you decide to sell the parts, it is worth considering that listing the finned booster in such a way as to attract the Star Wars crowd will be to your benefit. Toolman and I were astonished to see two of them go, back to back, for just above the figure he quoted. You will want to capitalize on that, no matter what the rest of the parts are worth.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Thanks for the correction Lucky I knew it was one of the star wars things, silly me I need to get my science fiction details correct and yes they bring STUPID money so turn into something other than a movie prop. 50's are fun but hungry little things.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,034 Posts
I always thought it was the Han Solo blaster too, which it turns out has a cone type flash hider feature. It was when we saw those Mk III bearings for sale that I did the research on this, mainly because I have that Mk II flash hider. Turns out the British flash hider is not present on any of the Star Wars hardware, so I was SOL on making a big score. It's all about the finned booster for the light saber.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I’ve been offered silly money for mine and the stupid thing is that I also have a $40 steal repro that is identical in every way except for lacking a blob of weld from where the screw was tack welded in a take off item. If I was to spend 20 minutes ageing my repro I bet I could sell it as 100% original to an unsuspecting buyer.

shame your kit is missing the shroud as that’s the only bit I’m missing. Mine is a 1939 BSA Mk2 rather than 2*.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts