1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Sorting through my parts collection as I re-organize and came across this barrel extension which stands out from the other selection of 1919 barrel extensions in my collection. This has two notches at the head which I believe would be for left or right feed and is marked on the bottom 13455-MRT, and above that lightly J7. The top has a "P" for proof marking I would imagine. Is this a M37 Extension or something from a different platform ANM2 or FN-38? Thanks for your help in advance

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
It appears that what you have is an M37 barrel extension, likely one that was remade into that configuration from a WWII production 1919 part. I have a number of them like this. That code is a manufacture marking, and it appears on the ones I have. What is different on yours is that it does not have the M37 drawing number just above the MRT marking, as mine have. I figure there are two possibilities: most likely, spares were needed at some point, long after original M37 production had finished, and these were modified due to a large surplus of 1919 extensions readily available. That kind of mfg code is a later standard, common today on everything made new. Far less likely is that these were early, while M37 production was being initiated. But I have seen enough proper M37 extensions, with RIA and SAK markings, to convince me this is a late effort, maybe much later than the 55-57 production period of the guns.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi Folks--

I have a similar M37 Barrel extension originally a BA built M1919A4 extension then modified to M37. I got it with the M37 kit from Joe H. way back when.

--fjruple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts