1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Austin. I live in the Portland area of oregon, about an hour from the shithole. Anyway my buddy and I one warm afternoon went to his aunts to help her move since her husband just passed. We were pointed in the direction of the shop and she paid us both 50$ each to move and potentially get rid of the “heavy boxes” well to cut this story short those boxes ended up being over 350 sealed unopened ammo crates. All different calibers, mostly 1,000 rounds per box, or 1,200. I have some im keeping, like the 7.62 x 39 for my sks and ak. And I traded maybe 20 crates so far for about 6 new guns and cash. I still have over 50-60,000 rounds im okay with getting rid of. Mostly this 9x18 and M1 grand ammo. Please please help I don’t know officially what it’s even worth?? Email @ [email protected]
Phone
Nine 7 won- 9 hundred - 96five7

text or call! Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Welcome...! Might want to view ammo prices at a local gun shop or gun show too. That would give you a better idea,as prices vary all over the USA. Rifle ammo price's tend to be more where folks mostly hunt...out west,deer country in mid-west,etc. Handgun ammo tends to be more where people carry...IN,OH,KY,TX,etc.
Several folks local to you might just chime in or call you to 'help' you sell the ammo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome...! Might want to view ammo prices at a local gun shop or gun show too. That would give you a better idea,as prices vary all over the USA. Rifle ammo price's tend to be more where folks mostly hunt...out west,deer country in mid-west,etc. Handgun ammo tends to be more where people carry...IN,OH,KY,TX,etc.
Several folks local to you might just chime in or call you to 'help' you sell the ammo.
Uhmmm, perhaps I am misreading your post my friend, but do you think KY and IN is not hunting country?

Or that the Garand food mentioned in the OP is rifle hunting 30-06 ammo?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm curious as to why you posted it in the way I read it?

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Just a note...more people in states that do not have large animals to hunt,carry handguns every day...not rifles.. Largest game in most of the mid west are white tail deer. Out west...big horn sheep,bear,mule deer,etc. Other than the AR-15 and similar guns,hunters out west use larger calibers for larger and more dangerous game during hunting seasons.

Yep...size matters as to what you hunt and the calibers used.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Look it up on ammoseek.com because the prices will vary depending on manufacturer, case material etc... but that will give you a good idea of current prices. Congrats on the great score!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
First post... just be careful... lots of scammers out there. He is one lucky SOB or a scammer. 350 ammo crates... Thats not in these pictures and 1000s of lbs worth of ammo. 350 crates would near take up an entire small shop. Lots of car loads. Just be careful! His email is not found anywhere else on the internet...

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
You only posted a few pics of some random crates. I would like to see a pic of 350 crates. That would be a massive pile of ammo. If i found that much i would have taken pics of the find it in the shop as well as the truckloads you would have had to haul out.

Just courious why you both wouldnt let you Aunt know what you found and how much it could be worth to help her out since her husband just passed away? I bet she would need the money.

Anyone that is in to this hoby or has internet can figure out a ball park on ammo prices.
Something just doesnt feel rite to me, Be carfule guys. Or maybe my feeling is wrong.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
The ammo crates are sitting on a carpet?

Nine 7 won- 9 hundred - 96five7 = (971) 900-9657 = no reference

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Which side of Portland..?

I'm too the west a bit/

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well I would at least hope they were honest with the aunt about the value of what was there. If the guy had this much ammo what do you think that he had for guns?
It wasn’t as much ammo as what the guy stated. He had like 7 crates of Turkish 8mm. In 9x18 I don’t know. But that isn’t that much ammo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts