1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The body is painted gray. It has an adjustment screw stop for the front leg that I havn't seen before. It is complete and appears to be in very good shape. Is it an Israeli rework? What might it be worth if I was intersted in selling. Thanks for the info. Pecos Bill out.

·
Registered
983 Posts
No expert here, but the head looks to be a home-made piece, so I won't quote a price on it. But, the T&E could go for 200, and maybe 50 - 80 on the pintle. It all depends on how bad someone wants something. :( Chris

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
The head looks home made. The legs and the cross bar seem to be original. Does the crossbar have numbers on it? The head where the pintel goes should be closed all the way around except where the legs close. The Pintel and T&E look original too. I haven't seen one where a bolt sticks out where the data plate should be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it over 5 years ago from Peter at Cobb Hill Firearms. I thought he told me that it was Israeli? The head appears forged, heavy, and strong. The legs do have numbers and the crossbar has graduations for the T&E. I haven't seen any M2 tripods like it before or since, and just wondered if anyone here might know something about it. Thanks. Pecos Bill out.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Pecos....just out of curiosity now, why is that bolt and nut sticking out from where the data plate should be? Does it interfere with the folding of the leg? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A couple more pics. The tripod and T&E together weigh 16lbs. The head is forged and machined. If it is homemade it would have taken a lot of time an money to build. Thanks. Pecos Bill out.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm certainly no expert, but I have to agree with the others on the legs, crossbar, pintle and T&E appearing original.

The pintle bolt doesn't look original though - as I've never seen one with threads exposed inside the pintle yoke. It would be better for the entire length of the bolt to be unthreaded inside of the yoke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts