1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a ww2 reenactment this past weekend and I went to disassemble my 1919a4 to change barrels and it is locked up. The bolt/ charging handle only moves half an inch, maybe 3/4 of an inch back then stops. It is completely jammed. The trigger is dead. Nothing. But I can look at the bolt face and I don't see the firing pin. I checked everything I could possibly think of. Just 4 or 5 days before this past weekend i picked it up and racked it about 3 times. No issues.

All I can think of is that something with the trigger/ sear is jammed up, broke or something. Any ideas?

Any ideas to get unharmed or apart?

Thank you all very much.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Is the barrel free to move in the booster/bearing? ( if they are stuck together from running blanks...this may be a good starting point. See if the booster will unscrew)

Is your Cam screw still in place? .(.Someone here had this screw fall out and iirc the cam got all jammed up and did some other damage as well.)

Cocking levers do break....( if the tip broke off this would easily jam it up)

If you can fanaggle the drive rod into the bolt and secure it..perhaps you could get the back plate off and see whats up.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you can fanaggle the drive rod into the bolt and secure it..perhaps you could get the back plate off and see whats up.
This was my thought too. I know that these springs are spear guns, but works comes to worst, you'll need to get the action open. Locking it into the bolt is preferable, but yea... That would be my course of action and work from there. It will allows you to mess with the guts and see what is binding.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Beware the rod or death. If you get the back plate off I would remove the drive rod and spring before going any farther. I use along screwdriver and a ten inch piece of copper pipe. Then you can safely find the problem J.R.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Beware the rod or death. If you get the back plate off I would remove the drive rod and spring before going any farther. I use along screwdriver and a ten inch piece of copper pipe. Then you can safely find the problem J.R.
What he said x 10!
Stand to one side of the gun, not behind it until the rod and spring is safely out. For crying out loud, do not peek into the box until it's done please.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's always best to be careful handling the bolt as the cocking can also have a nasty bite when accidentally tripped.J.R.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's always best to be careful handling the bolt as the cocking lever can also have a nasty bite when accidentally tripped.J.R.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
The set screw is gone out of the rear of your trigger.

Should be able to grab the upper section of trigger bar and pull it rearward & eventually down where it should be.
or...might be able to slide the whole lockframe out if its released from the bbl ext.

should look like this vs what has happened to yours
1919Karmatrigsear.jpg

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yup, looks like your trigger came apart (set screw gone as mentioned). Never seen that before. With your backplate off, you should be able to wiggle/jimmie that thing out. Then assess the situation out of the receiver. If there's no damage to the trigger, should be able to get a replacement set screw and spring from the hardware store.

Matt

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
This is now the third time I have seen this. It happened to me years ago when Tom first started offering the triggers. Very rare indeed for it to happen - but the fix is relatively easy from this point.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
This happened to me on the range this past week!!!!! Set screw came out, and spring. Luckily they were both inside the box. Should I adjust the screw for the best trigger reset and then loctite it?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Exactly. I re did a friend's 1919 and his screw had come WAY loose. I used the red, permanent, locktite

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Exactly. I re did a friend's 1919 and his screw had come WAY loose. I used the red, permanent, locktite
Loctite is really good stuff. Blue should be plenty strong enough. Red can easily cause fully boogered screw slots on disassembly.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Loctite is really good stuff. Blue should be plenty strong enough. Red can easily cause fully boogered screw slots on disassembly.
If you need to take red apart, hit it with a propane torch and then kroil. This is my SOP for almost anything that may be too tight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, sadly the screw is MIA and we bent the PISS out of the front part off the trigger. So I'm just going to replace it.

What's he running average for a KMP trigger? Just the trigger obviously.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have 2 new triggers and was wondering the same thing in regards the set screw coming loose. Is there a specific setting in regards to the set screw? I'd like to loctite them in and wanted to verify before I apply the loctite.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts