1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only seen this photo once a few years ago and I'm trying to find it again. The photo shows a 1917A1 sitting on an AA extension placed outside of the bridge of a US Navy aircraft carrier. The '17A1 is pointed skyward and has the correct AA front sight installed. If I'm not mistaken, this is a color picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I remember the photo, except it was a stirrup 1917, I wonder if I included it in painted 1917 thread I had run

EDIT, Here is thread, do not know if it is there

Edit 2: nope not in there, I do remember the photo because it was a stirrup gun which stood out.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember the photo, except it was a stirrup 1917, I wonder if I included it in painted 1917 thread I had run

EDIT, Here is thread, do not know if it is there

Edit 2: nope not in there, I do remember the photo because it was a stirrup gun which stood out.
Nope. The photo is not there.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not the pic but maybe what looking for?
ok, edit fail, didnt look at the gun itself, and that isnot a cbs eye front sight
Yea, I already used this google search to no avail. The picture I'm looking for shows a '17A1 outside the bridge of US carrier. The '17A1 is on an AA extension and is pointed skyward. It is equipped with the correct AA front sight. The picture was taken from inside the bridge. The '17A1 is placed adjacent to an exterior access door opening into the bridge. I believe the picture is in color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts