1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '84 Thunderbird and a loose engine and trans that would make up an ideal drag race package. I cant seem to find an Ebay category to list it in. I keep being told 4% of sellers of this stuff use 'Toys & Hobbies' ?????? Any idea what the correct category may be. I cant find Ford Race parts or cars........

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Here's where a hot rod mustang is listed on ebay...ebay motors; cars and truck; ford; mustang.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-COBRA-JET-1-OF-50-FACTORY-DRAG-RACE-135-SERIES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQihZ002QQitemZ4651979037QQrdZ1

I'd like to know too what your package is. The '84 bird was a unibody car with a standard 3.8 V6 or the first year of the 5.0 V8, but there was a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder turbo package offered that year too. Do you have a 460 with a C6 wedged in there :)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
In 84, there were five car lines built on what Ford called the FOX body package. Fairmont, Zephyr, Mustang, T-bird, and Versailles.

The drivelines were essentially the same, and mix and match was easy. The Versailles was the best chassis because it had four wheel disc brakes, five lug wheels, and a 9 inch rear end. Leather upholstery, too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ttpete said:
In 84, there were five car lines built on what Ford called the FOX body package. Fairmont, Zephyr, Mustang, T-bird, and Versailles.

The drivelines were essentially the same, and mix and match was easy. The Versailles was the best chassis because it had four wheel disc brakes, five lug wheels, and a 9 inch rear end. Leather upholstery, too.
If you find a Versailles cheap, let me know. The rear end is the same width as my wife's 65 Nova SS. Even the spring perches line up! Or so I've been told.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ford

I am still drag racing the same '62 Pontiacs I got in the 1960's, I know a good bit about them, building and installing engines, 4 speeds, disc brakes, roll cages, ladder bars, Dana rears and all that good stuff. I know nothing about an '84 Bird, except that I see several at the drags..someone apparently makes a tube chassis for it or something similar....... I have a fully built 351 C. .030 over, 12.5 pistons in closed chamber heads (these are like the 396/427/454 heads w/canted valves), two 660 Holleys on a polished tunnel ram. Comp Cams 600 solid lift cam and kit, SJ Ford valves, cast alum. rocker cover over roller rockers, forged crank & rods.......race ready. The car is a stocker w/orig V 6 and trans still in place, not driven in 10-12 years. C-6 I have is stock truck trans. Looking for $2500..........I cant imagine building the engine for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts