1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all. I have a 1919a4 from Allied Armaments. The serialization is so faint that I cannot read what city they were in when they stamped the gun (it is somethingville KY)

Does anyone know where they were making them in KY?

Thanks,

This is the BEST pic I can get

Brown Wood Beige Handwriting Wall

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
They were in Oregon, Scappoose, or something like that but I will check when I get home because I still have one of theirs that bounces around on my 52 willy's M38. It is my beater I let everyone use and have fun with.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were in Oregon, Scappoose, or something like that but I will check when I get home because I still have one of theirs that bounces around on my 52 willy's M38. It is my beater I let everyone use and have fun with.
Yeah, I saw that too, but it is clearly marked somethingville KY. I bought it and was told it was an Allied Armament, but... who knows. Maybe some other garage builder?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would guess that it says Ser 266. So 266 sounds like your serial number 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I GOT that. But to be LEGAL in CA, we need MFG, city of MFG. SN AND we need them to the proper depth. SO... I have to get it laser engraved, but need to know what to have engraved.

And what's more, is that b/c of yet another stupid assault weapon ban in CA, I now have to register my 1919 as an AOW AW which requires detailed pictures of the entire gun including the entire SN block. So... I have to send a pic of this directly to the DOJ. SO I want to make SURE they don't claim it is improperly serialized.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Coles distributing.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think this is a case like I have a John M. built gun on a KMP RSP. Allied may have built it but on an old semi RSP from Gary if it is indeed marked Scottsville, KY.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,440 Posts
The one i still have is an ORF but was sold by R Guns .... Looking at the picture i would say OLDIRONSIGHT is right City is Scottsville ,Ky marked
ATF regs say .003" min. deep ,min. 1/8" character size..... IIRC ,you might want to check the regs !!

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
OK. how are Coles/Raven related? Did they buy AA or what?
Coles and Allied Armament were not related but Allied did build some guns for Gary at Cole distributing over the years

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YEP. As usual, you guys nailed it. THANK YOU ALL. You bet I will be having it re-engraved to meet specs.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Pull the internals.

Early AA guns had a 2 or 3 island design.

Later had the single.

iirc....both have the trigger with the big square block attatched to it.

AA was in either Scappoose or St Helens...OR
I forget which city is on mine....they are 5 mi apart on HWY 30 between Portland and Astoria

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I GOT that. But to be LEGAL in CA, we need MFG, city of MFG. SN AND we need them to the proper depth. SO... I have to get it laser engraved, but need to know what to have engraved.

And what's more, is that b/c of yet another stupid assault weapon ban in CA, I now have to register my 1919 as an AOW AW which requires detailed pictures of the entire gun including the entire SN block. So... I have to send a pic of this directly to the DOJ. SO I want to make SURE they don't claim it is improperly serialized.
I better get around to do this soon too. Unfortunate we have to do this!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I better get around to do this soon too. Unfortunate we have to do this!
You may want to double check this, but I have been told this change n the law is suspended since the federal judge in Fresno ruled the AR ban to be unconstitutional. It is on appeal and whoever loses will appeal that I’m sure. Cali point, the hi capacity mag ban being struck down by the same judge around 3 years ago (?). It is still on appeal.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
You may want to double check this, but I have been told this change n the law is suspended since the federal judge in Fresno ruled the AR ban to be unconstitutional. It is on appeal and whoever loses will appeal that I’m sure. Cali point, the hi capacity mag ban being struck down by the same judge around 3 years ago (?). It is still on appeal.
Keep in mind the “other assault weapon” registration period starts October 1st and ends December 31, 2021 in CA……

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keep in mind the “other assault weapon” registration period starts October 1st and ends December 31, 2021 in CA……
EXACTLY. The appeals will last much longer, but we may not have a chance to register if we assume the ban is stayed and it is not. The worst that could happen if I register and they later ditch the registration as the law is overturned ( a VERY unlikely scenario) is that I have another weapon registered with the state (I already have many many others that have been registered with CA for over 20 years now).
But if I don't then I risk losing the gun or having to conver to the A6 (which I don't like as much as the a4)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts